Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Wink Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    Range opens at noon on Sundays. Thinking of heading up there this Sunday. Is it crowded right at noon when it opens? Thanks, Joe
    Usually not too many people at noon and I do wait for noon as I have seen the PGC parked by the tree line.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Arrived at the range at 10am, only 2 people there. Left a 11:45 and there was only 3 people when I left. What a beautiful day it was, sighted in a Marlin 45-70 cowboy and found a load for a Marlin in 35 rem. 3/4 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards with a 180 hot core.

(Monroe County)

CRAZY experience at the Tobyhanna range on Sun June 22.
    A friend came up from Jersey and I took him to the range. It opens at noon and we got there around 12:10PM. We went to the pistol side and went to the far left side of the benches. There were a few guys at the far right side and were together. About an hour into our shooting a guy shows up with two kids, a girl about 8 yrs and a boy around 12yrs. Before I even see the dad and son I see the little girl standing on the dirt knoll that splits the pistol side from the rifle side looking down at the pistol shooters. She was on top of the mound and even with the benches! I was like holy sh$t. And she was up there for at least 5 minutes. I was thinking where is the dad and why did he not tell her to come down? The other guys on the pistol side where mouthing the same as I was and we were kind of looking at each other thinking WTF. So in my head I am thinking whoever the parent is must be a nimrod and I cant see this getting any better, well I was right. The girl gets down from the hill and the dad, boy and girl come walking up to the bench between me and the few guys at the far right side. The guy takes two pistols out. The kids did have ear protection. He lays the pistols on the bench, He looks to his right than says to himself out loud "they far enough down". The 4 guys at the end are firing off rounds. My friend and I were reloading and just watching to see how disorganized mr. nimrod was. After he said "they far enough down" he goes UNDER the bench not around it and proceeds down range with his target in hand as the other guys are firing away. I start yelling Cease Fire! One of the guys at the other end hears me than spots nimrod walking down with his target in hand and starts yelling to his friends cease fire!! The guy starts stapling up his target and all of us are just looking at each other in disbelief. Now I look down to my right which is only 10 feet from me at the kids. The little girl picks the gun up off the bench and is waving it around looking at it!! she picked it up and took a few steps back so now she is about 2 feet from the bench. The boy picks up the pistol in front of him and is lookiing at it while over the bench pointing down range while Mr. Nimrod was putting up his target. I did not know if they were loaded. I take two steps back and than behind the girl so the pistol was not pointing at me and yelled at her to put the pistol down. I did the same with the boy. Mr. Nimrod finishes putting up his target and is now walking back. I looked at my friend and said "I am out of here". We packed up our crap and went over to the rifle side. I have never seen anything this bad at the range. About 30 min later they were gone and nobody got shot.
    Last edited by poconojoe; June 23rd, 2014 at 04:03 PM.

A friend came up from Jersey and I took him to the range. It opens at noon and we got there around 12:10PM. We went to the pistol side and went to the far left side of the benches. There were a few guys at the far right side and were together. About an hour into our shooting a guy shows up with two kids, a girl about 8 yrs and a boy around 12yrs. Before I even see the dad and son I see the little girl standing on the dirt knoll that splits the pistol side from the rifle side looking down at the pistol shooters. She was on top of the mound and even with the benches! I was like holy sh$t. And she was up there for at least 5 minutes. I was thinking where is the dad and why did he not tell her to come down? The other guys on the pistol side where mouthing the same as I was and we were kind of looking at each other thinking WTF. So in my head I am thinking whoever the parent is must be a nimrod and I cant see this getting any better, well I was right. The girl gets down from the hill and the dad, boy and girl come walking up to the bench between me and the few guys at the far right side. The guy takes two pistols out. The kids did have ear protection. He lays the pistols on the bench, He looks to his right than says to himself out loud "they far enough down". The 4 guys at the end are firing off rounds. My friend and I were reloading and just watching to see how disorganized mr. nimrod was. After he said "they far enough down" he goes UNDER the bench not around it and proceeds down range with his target in hand as the other guys are firing away. I start yelling Cease Fire! One of the guys at the other end hears me than spots nimrod walking down with his target in hand and starts yelling to his friends cease fire!! The guy starts stapling up his target and all of us are just looking at each other in disbelief. Now I look down to my right which is only 10 feet from me at the kids. The little girl picks the gun up off the bench and is waving it around looking at it!! she picked it up and took a few steps back so now she is about 2 feet from the bench. The boy picks up the pistol in front of him and is lookiing at it while over the bench pointing down range while Mr. Nimrod was putting up his target. I did not know if they were loaded. I take two steps back and than behind the girl so the pistol was not pointing at me and yelled at her to put the pistol down. I did the same with the boy. Mr. Nimrod finishes putting up his target and is now walking back. I looked at my friend and said "I am out of here". We packed up our crap and went over to the rifle side. I have never seen anything this bad at the range. About 30 min later they were gone and nobody got shot.
    So careless the whole family ! Things were out of control ! Just me but when the 8 year old handled the gun with people down range I would have physically taken control of the weapons and called 911.What this parent did was at the least No parental supervision in a very dangerous enviroment,the parent exhibiting careless disregard for other shooters can only reaffirm my belief that some people should not have guns.I personally would have pursued a civilian complaint hoping the children would never be put in a dangerous and un-supervised situation.I cannot blame others for not going to do what I would have done,I know Law,and 25 years on the job goes a long way in my disertation to a judge about this complaint but feel any Officer who would respond to the complaint would be wholeheartedly in favor of the weapons being taken into custody till law enforcement arrived ! Could you describe the Vehicle ? plate ? what the family looked like ? I would really feel it would be a service to others to be on the lookout and observe them. T Y Joe for putting this report out there so others will be aware. MDT

(Monroe County)

I believe he spoke polish and somewhat broken english. Very slim build. Maybe 150 pounds. Short crew cut style blondish hair partly balding. Maybe early 40's. One pistol I believe was a 22 , but a cheap one. Saw one once forget the name. The other pistol im not sure. You know your right I should have taken the pistols and dialed 911. Now that you mention it I am pissed at myself. That so called father should never have a gun. I was just so pissed I went to rifle side. Thx for reply.

(Monroe County)

If I was there I would of lost it on him. It would of looked something like this.

Sorry I can't pack up and run off, I do yell at people when they suffer such cranial rectum inversions.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

I believe he spoke polish and somewhat broken english. Very slim build. Maybe 150 pounds. Short crew cut style blondish hair partly balding. Maybe early 40's. One pistol I believe was a 22 , but a cheap one. Saw one once forget the name. The other pistol im not sure. You know your right I should have taken the pistols and dialed 911. Now that you mention it I am pissed at myself. That so called father should never have a gun. I was just so pissed I went to rifle side. Thx for reply.
    Dont be too hard on yourself ! It would be a major decision to make,And knowing full well the court proceedings that would follow would be to most a deterent ! So again do not be too hard on yourself and we all will keep a watchful eye out for each others saftey on the gun ranges. MDT

(Monroe County)

Thanks.

(Monroe County)

When in doubt call the Game Commission folks.
    Last edited by andrew.anderson; June 23rd, 2014 at 08:59 PM.

I would have grabbed my cell recorded her with the gun then jumped on his ass and told him he is under CITIZENS arrest for FELONY CHILD ENDANGERMENT!

AND YES I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE!

§ 4304. Endangering welfare of children.
    (a) Offense defined.--
    (1) A parent, guardian or other person supervising the welfare of a child under 18 years of age, or a person that employs or supervises such a person, commits an offense if he knowingly endangers the welfare of the child by violating a duty of care, protection or support.
    (2) A person commits an offense if the person, in an official capacity, prevents or interferes with the making of a report of suspected child abuse under 23 Pa.C.S. Ch. 63 (relating to child protective services).
    (3) As used in this subsection, the term "person supervising the welfare of a child" means a person other than a parent or guardian that provides care, education, training or control of a child.

(b) Grading.--An offense under this section constitutes a misdemeanor of the first degree. However, where there is a course of conduct of endangering the welfare of a child, the offense constitutes a felony of the third degree.
    (Dec. 19, 1988, P.L.1275, No.158, eff. 60 days; July 6, 1995, P.L.251, No.31, eff. 60 days; Nov. 29, 2006, P.L.1581, No.179, eff. 60 days)
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast