Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Went to the range this morning with my neighbor, got there about 9:15.. It was raining some but not that bad, he just bought an LC9 and wanted to give it a go.. This was his first time shooting a gun.. Target frame was intact with quite a few shotgun shells laying around.. No Brass hoarder.. Some guy showed up and sat in his truck for about a half hour, when we left he got out and made his way to the shooting area...
    I know the one guy who goes to this range just to pick up brass. I used to work with him. I do not think I have ever seen him fire a weapon at the range, but he's there picking brass seemingly all the time. Personally, I don't mind when he picks it up because I don't reload....yet. If I start, I will pick up my own brass. Brass left by others is first come first serve.

As for a meet there sometime, I'd be game. It wouldn't be like what they do out in the western part of the state at PMSC, but I'm sure it would be a good time.

You'd all just have to promise not to accidentally shoot "the Democrat".

Wink Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

My only peeve with brass pickers is when the try to retrieve spent casings as they leave the gun ! Wait to see if the owner wants them AND other shooters are not interrupted while they are shooting with some guy crawling between your legs to get another casing.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    My only peeve with brass pickers is when the try to retrieve spent casings as they leave the gun ! Wait to see if the owner wants them AND other shooters are not interrupted while they are shooting with some guy crawling between your legs to get another casing.
    I agree. The guy I know has one of those nut picker roller things. He will always ask (even though he knows I will always say yes). And, he is very good about waiting for reloads to roll his little picker around to pick up the cases.

(Monroe County)

Democrat Gun......Can't guarantee it!

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I know the one guy who goes to this range just to pick up brass. I used to work with him. I do not think I have ever seen him fire a weapon at the range, but he's there picking brass seemingly all the time. Personally, I don't mind when he picks it up because I don't reload....yet. If I start, I will pick up my own brass. Brass left by others is first come first serve.

As for a meet there sometime, I'd be game. It wouldn't be like what they do out in the western part of the state at PMSC, but I'm sure it would be a good time.

You'd all just have to promise not to accidentally shoot "the Democrat".

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Range time Saturday with my Taurus CTG 9mm carbine,Love the Glock sights for quick acquisition,NO issues at all and very accurate.Did some shooting with my Buds Taurus 908 and G 2,Must be Taurus is getting issues worked out at factory as we had no issues again,went thru 300 rounds 9mm and 500 round 22 lr,it was a bit crowded and usual out of state issues.One noteworthy issue was a father was trying to show his young son how to shoot a 22 rifle but he could not get his rifle to fire ! I solved his problem when I put the magazine back in facing forward with the bullet head !!! I wish people would familarize themselves with firearms before getting to the range.Did not see the usual range shooters this time.

(Monroe County)

Went to the range this afternoon (June 16) with some coworkers. It was nto busy at all. There was one person on the Rifle side when we arrived but he left soon after our arrival.

On the pistol side it looks like the 10 yard target frame have been freshly rebuilt. The 25 yard frames where not in bad condition but the backing to mount the targets was falling apart.

I was able to shoot both my Glock 22 and 35 and one of my co workers shot his SCCY CPX 2 and another coworker shot a Semi auto S&W 9mm he has. I am not sure which model.

After about 20 minutes another shooter arrived on a motor cycle and shot his Ruger LCR .357 and a few of us shot it. I had never shot one and was surprised how manageable the pistol was.

About that time a couple arrived and he and his wife did some pistol shooting at the 10 yard targets.

After a while several of us zeroed and grouped our AR 15s and then we loaded up and left.

Day would have ended great but it looks like an entire box of my range gear was left there. I thought one of my buddies grabbed it. When I finally unloaded the trunk at about 8pm I noticed it was missing. At least it was just gear and ammo and no firearms. I am hoping the other firers that where there will be good samaritans and attempt to track me down but I am a cynic so not counting on it. In the end, good lesson, always check and the re-check.

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

If it was one of the regular shooters you have a good chance of it turning up ! I have returned items twice in the past year by running a note in the Monroe Pafoa range reports.Good Luck ! MDT

(Monroe County)

I doubt anyone will turn the stuff in or attempt to contact anyone. There was a couple in their 40s or 50s there at the 10 yard side when we left and 2 early 20 somethings had just pulled up in an Audi TT Convertible. I am guessing one of those 2 groups of folks picked the stuff up. No way to know for sure though.

(Monroe County)

Range opens at noon on Sundays. Thinking of heading up there this Sunday. Is it crowded right at noon when it opens? Thanks, Joe

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    There used to be a guy that was a minister or a priest I forget which one. I was talkig to him one day and he was telling me that he picks brass, aluminum & steel and he either sells them to people that reload or he scraps them for the $$$. He then uses the money for under priviliged kids in his parish to send them on vacations as groups with other kids. He toldme that in the 20 years he has been picking he has sent over 40 kids on vacation mostly to disney. If its true its a really cool story . . . . I gave him all the spent brass i had picked earlier.

Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast