Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

You are so right about knowing when to pack up and leave,if your gut tells you so,listen to it.Saftey Always # 1

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Gettin some range time in tommorrow Wed after work,will be there after 4pm with extra box or two of 22s if anyone needs any,its 22 & 9mm time for the paper targets,should be pretty empty at the range also. MDT

(Lackawanna County)

I'm working late tomorrow and Thursday. I might make a trip there on Friday. I have "use them or lose them" vacation days from work. So, Friday is going to be one of those days. No better way to celebrate a short work week than to punch some holes in paper. Early reports say nice weather on Friday.

(Monroe County)

If there is no rain or what ever I'll be up sat.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Range time Sunday 03/23/14 around 2pm,I will bring the stale bagels for my Buds who keep shooting up all my 22s.Also got the wife a Mossberg 702 plinker,she is petite and small hands,she operated the mag release easier than my ruger 10-22 and easier to load the straight mag ! Also with a S&W SD 9mm,that will be a gift for my step-son in Florida,I have to shoot these guns just for the sake of shooting,See you ther,You know who I am talking about ,dont you ? MDT

(Monroe County)

FREAKING A!

not 3 min into being there, I'm walking back up the benches and this dude wife is fucking with her rifle. I'm nice I walk up and remind her NOT to handle weapons when people are down range.
    She gets lippy and bitchs that it was pointing away.
    Again I'm on that side of the muzzle you don't mess with it.
    Husband doesn't say a fucking word.
    Normally I use my rangemaster voice that get's people attn even over on the pistol range.

20min later the wind picks up and blows he gun bag away and she muzzle sweeps the shit out the line trying to grab it.
    It was all I could not to go Gunny Hartman on her.

I was never glad to see PGC till today. He showed up kicked out a bunch of people and the winning couple quickly took off.

If your on here do us a favor stay for hell off the range till you learn the basics of range safety and get some fucking manners.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Wink Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Happy that you did not become a victim of this womans childish behavior towards gun saftey.Apparently her husband new just about the same about saftey because he did not admonish her either.When at any range we need to designate or take charge IE range clear ? range hot ? and still need four eyes ,two in the back of your head if they start farting around with the guns while people are down range.You were lucky today ! You got to go home without becomeing a victim ! MDT

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    FREAKING A!

not 3 min into being there, I'm walking back up the benches and this dude wife is fucking with her rifle. I'm nice I walk up and remind her NOT to handle weapons when people are down range.
    She gets lippy and bitchs that it was pointing away.
    Again I'm on that side of the muzzle you don't mess with it.
    Husband doesn't say a fucking word.
    Normally I use my rangemaster voice that get's people attn even over on the pistol range.

20min later the wind picks up and blows he gun bag away and she muzzle sweeps the shit out the line trying to grab it.
    It was all I could not to go Gunny Hartman on her.

I was never glad to see PGC till today. He showed up kicked out a bunch of people and the winning couple quickly took off.

If your on here do us a favor stay for hell off the range till you learn the basics of range safety and get some fucking manners.
    You where over on the rifle side mid day, correct?

I left and went to the pistol side about 1200. It was getting crowded and people where not being courteous over there.

Do you know what the Game Warder kicked folks for? Just for being idiots or where they using the range without a permit? They should ticket them if they don't have a permit.

(Carbon County)

How exactly do I legally use this range? Do I need a valid PA hunting license or is there some sort of range permit that can be obtained? My normal shooting spot is limited to about 50 yards. I'd like to be able to shoot a little further, but I don't know if I want to deal with morons who are oblivious to safety. No offense to anyone intended, but this area seems to be full of people like that.
    Pro Patria Vigilans

If you have a current Pa hunting license your good to go on this range otherwise you would need the permit.It pays to have the hunting license though.As for saftey concerns we should all have them on any shooting range ! situational awareness of what kind of behaviors other shooters exhibit is tantamount to not being a statistic.Sure it seems there are more at public ranges than at private gun clubs but the honest truth is some people think they know everything about saftey until there is a negligent shooting ! There is no such thing as accidental in my book.Get to watch some shooters at the range observe their good saftey practices,get to know them ,make some buds there,it will make your day of shooting more pleaseant ! MDT

Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast