Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 41 of 122 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

I went Monday at about 1030. 2 gentlemen on rifle range and 2 on the pistol. 1 guy left 15 minutes after my neighbor and I got there and the othe left 15 after that. We had the whole range to ourselves. I bought a Weatherby black reaper in 30-06 and needed to get it ready for hunting season. Look out Bambi. After a hard day at the range it was off to Hammerjax for burgers and a few cold beers.

(Wayne County)

Went to the range around 10am on 10/29 and guess what, no one was there. Had the range all to myself. What a beautiful day to be alive. After walking back and forth to my targets I got hungry and thursty, so it was off to Hammerjax for burger and a few brews.

(Monroe County)

I keep reading about people sighting in rifles. Are we allowed to shoot shotguns there? Can it be light load? I want to sight in my gun and see how this new choke is.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by hurst1979olds View Post
    I keep reading about people sighting in rifles. Are we allowed to shoot shotguns there? Can it be light load? I want to sight in my gun and see how this new choke is.
    The rules are up on the signage, I believe that they don't want folks shooting shotguns because of bird shot and buck shot tearing up the target frames. I always found shotgun shells down range and shot up frames. Some folks are real pricks. Some folks just destroy everything and leave their garbage everywhere, but many clean up after themselves and attempt to take care of the range. As usual its the few that screw the rest as in life.

(Monroe County)

You can shoot shotguns but only with slugs. Was a sign on the pistol range saying NO SHOTGUNS but it has fallen off or was vandalized. So, they should only be shot on the rifle side or risk a fine. Who knows. Depends on the mood the SGL guy is in that day.

I've been up there 4 times in the last 2 weeks, mostly during the week during the day, a few people but mostly empty, everyone friendly and behaving. One Sunday, quite a few people, again, all safe and amicable. I still have to warn people about high capacity magazines...better than learning with a big fine. I try to be nice about it.

I should be up there regularly until it gets really cold. Haven't met anyone else from the forum...so far only one person and haven't seen him again.

Best to all and thanks for reporting.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    You can shoot shotguns but only with slugs. Was a sign on the pistol range saying NO SHOTGUNS but it has fallen off or was vandalized. So, they should only be shot on the rifle side or risk a fine. Who knows. Depends on the mood the SGL guy is in that day.

I've been up there 4 times in the last 2 weeks, mostly during the week during the day, a few people but mostly empty, everyone friendly and behaving. One Sunday, quite a few people, again, all safe and amicable. I still have to warn people about high capacity magazines...better than learning with a big fine. I try to be nice about it.

I should be up there regularly until it gets really cold. Haven't met anyone else from the forum...so far only one person and haven't seen him again.

I used to go there at least once a week, the cost and lack of ammo has kept me away, maybe in the spring if we are still here. Most of the asshats don't come out in the cold to reenact their favorite movie shoot out scenes

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post

That sucks, I really wanted to test it out. I go to block shoots and I picked up this choke for cheap. just want to compare it to my other one.

(Monroe County)

If anyone is up to shooting flintlocks this weekend I plan on being up there. I have my first flintlock rifle and i need to zero and if anyone out there can give me some advice i would greatly appreciate it.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

I'm thinking about making the trip to the Toby range tomorrow 11/7/13 around noon or earlier. I need to break in a Ruger GSR.

Anyone interested in meeting up?

(Wayne County)

I don't mind cold weather but rain and wind is another story. Have fun.

Page 41 of 122 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast