Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 34 of 122 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Question Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Hey guys I just purchased an AK. My first one I went up to the range and it was shooting low left. Wondering if any one has an Ak front site tool (or tell me what i need to buy for sighting in) and can teach me to zero my rifle one day if possible? Please let me know. Ill check back each day.
    Btw I'm 26 yr old. Just for fyi. Have shot plenty of pistols but want to get into rifles. I have off some week days and every other weekend this weekend I work.

Was up there and first time ive ever seen game warden, hr was checking for permits and hunting licenses.

Thanks

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

some may say different, and i bring little experience, but with old milsurp i would recommend a deep cleaning.

i even electro cleaned the barrel on my mosin nagant and then gave everything a good coat of oil.
    not sure if it helped, im simply a bad shot, but a lot of debris did get removed.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian1313 View Post
    Hey guys I just purchased an AK. My first one I went up to the range and it was shooting low left. Wondering if any one has an Ak front site tool (or tell me what i need to buy for sighting in) and can teach me to zero my rifle one day if possible? Please let me know. Ill check back each day.
    Btw I'm 26 yr old. Just for fyi. Have shot plenty of pistols but want to get into rifles. I have off some week days and every other weekend this weekend I work.

Was up there and first time ive ever seen game warden, hr was checking for permits and hunting licenses.

Thanks
    I have a sight tool. Could help you sight it in. But I couldn't do it till the weekend of the 19th. I have to work this weekend also.

EDIT- this weekend got ate up with car repairs. PM me if you still want help some other weekend
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; January 15th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Glad to see all of the reports coming in...haven't been up there much myself, not once since I renewed my hunting license...been working out of town a lot...when I am home, either have too much to do or the weather sucks

well, thanks for all the feedback everyone
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Pike County)

Had to run down to Henryville so I took a little side trip to the range. I was the only one there, fog was pretty thick. Everything looked in pretty good condition. I was happy to clean up all those nasty .45 brass casings left behind on the cement. Older gentleman showed up as I was leaving. Nice Range. Beats the hell outta the one by me in Hawley on Route 6.
    Mike V
    NRA Life/Endowment Member
    Better people be distressed by my freedom than my oppression

(Monroe County)

I braved the cold and wind today to shoot up there a little bit...yes, was the only one dumb enough to be up there at the time...brief "bursts" of snow, then sunny again...shot on the rifle side for the first time...loads of brass all over the place...I noticed they covered the tops of the concrete benches with some kind of black material, hopefully a bit friendlier to the arms and wooden stocks! I saw the top 2x4 blown up on one of the pistol target holders. Well, no one but me so other than brain freeze from the wind not much else to report.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian1313 View Post

Thanks
    It's now allmost the end of Feb, and no reply. Why did you bother asking for help if you don't accept an offer? Or at least you got it taken care of.

Sorry I have to get ready for the Fleet matches now so I can't you now.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

hey guys,
    Went up there today and shot on the rifle side getting my ak sighted in for the first time. Thanks for the offer actually I didn't see it until now, but I got myself the tools I needed and just went for it. I was shooting at they 50 yard targets and after having to move the sight to left a little and raising the post, I was able to hit decent groups within 6 inches with iron sights.

The range had a lot of stuff( spent steel and shot gun shells) on the rifle side, the pistol side was pretty clean and they just put up new 2*4's and new canvas)

I met Poconojo on the rifle side, good to finally meet a fellow member at toby. Good down to earth guy interested in the same things I am.

it got to cold after 2 hours and I left

i always say the best time to be at that range is in the bitter cold and early morning, combine the two and you pretty much own the range.

got to renew my permit and get shooting.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Monroe County)

If anyone with a range pass would be willing to take me as a guest, I would like to sight in a couple rifles after work one day this week.

Page 34 of 122 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast