Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 33 of 122 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

I plan on stopping by next Tuesday morning with my new wife after we get married Sunday. I asked her what she wanted to do for the honeymoon, and besides the obvious, she mentioned that she would like for me to teach here how to shoot. I bought a permit and found this site and wanted to check reviews on this range to make sure I do everything right being an outsider and all. I know it's gonna be cold over there next week, so I hope her first time shooting goes alright. Besides what I've been reading about this range in the previous posts in regards to the asshattery and irresponsible shooters, is there anything else I should know about this range? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvlog View Post
    I plan on stopping by next Tuesday morning with my new wife after we get married Sunday. I asked her what she wanted to do for the honeymoon, and besides the obvious, she mentioned that she would like for me to teach here how to shoot. I bought a permit and found this site and wanted to check reviews on this range to make sure I do everything right being an outsider and all. I know it's gonna be cold over there next week, so I hope her first time shooting goes alright. Besides what I've been reading about this range in the previous posts in regards to the asshattery and irresponsible shooters, is there anything else I should know about this range? Thanks.

i posted a picture of the rules in a previous post. besides that i would suggest getting there early to beat the idiots.

Last edited by puro; November 12th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.

(Carbon County)

the range is fine, i go there all the time and never have any problems. every range has idiots.

I will probably be test firing the new ar15 tomorrow around noon time.

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Meeting some Buds Wednesday at 423 range,New AR for me,and Glock 22,early Christmas B-D presents from my wife, 10am get some early shooting done,see you there !

I didn't get to make it out today.. I will be there tommorow hopefully.

*edit... I DIDN'T GET TO GO AGAINNNNNNN

soon... soon...
    Last edited by puro; November 23rd, 2012 at 12:13 AM.

(Monroe County)

Took my father-in law and middle son out o the range today , was great until the wind started, damn cold. The rile side started to fill up fast after 9am , I left because of the cold and one fellow who couldn't understand that "Not clear" applies to both the 50 and 100 meter portions of the Range. One fellow shooter did his best to make it plain and simple, I decided to leave before the special person shot someone or got beaten. Target frames are filled with bird shot and wadding is all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Took my father-in law and middle son out o the range today , was great until the wind started, damn cold. The rile side started to fill up fast after 9am , I left because of the cold and one fellow who couldn't understand that "Not clear" applies to both the 50 and 100 meter portions of the Range. One fellow shooter did his best to make it plain and simple, I decided to leave before the special person shot someone or got beaten. Target frames are filled with bird shot and wadding is all over the place.
    I haven't experienced that yet, but man that would really piss me off. How can people not understand 50 and 100 are the same range and you shouldn't be firing when it's not clear? People need to read or re-read the rules when they go. One person is supposed to be designated range officer when there are many people.

Maybe we need to start taking pictures of offenders..

(Monroe County)

I coudn't wait any longer. I went up yesterday. It was busy. Pistol line was 90% full but the rifle line was mostly empty. The benches are mostly clear of snow. But the rest of the range is hardpack. No a$$clowns were there. Big suprise was that it was a NO wind day. I got a base dope for my M261 conv for my AR at 100yds before I ran out of ammo. A couple of guys didn't dress for the balmy 34deg it was. No brass rats or GC. The road in is hardpack snow also. So you can get in with most anything.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Carbon County)

was there yesterday around 12 30. kind of slow for a saturday. i was also there on friday and the wardens were checking everyones permits. they sat in their car for about an hour after. 1st time i ever seen them there and i go alot.

Page 33 of 122 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast