Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 117 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1216

Smile Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Range time this morning got there at 730 am set up targets and waited for 8am.Sighted in the 257 Roberts,two shots at 50 yards and pleaseantly surprised as to recoiland trajectory.My Buddy sighted in his 7mm,now that a shoulder buster but got sighted in also and we were out to breakfast no later than 830am.only two other shooters showed up one with black powder sighting at 100 yds,surprised by the accuracy too.Did see about 6 hunters going for black bear off 423.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Range time this morning got there at 730 am set up targets and waited for 8am.Sighted in the 257 Roberts,two shots at 50 yards and pleaseantly surprised as to recoiland trajectory.My Buddy sighted in his 7mm,now that a shoulder buster but got sighted in also and we were out to breakfast no later than 830am.only two other shooters showed up one with black powder sighting at 100 yds,surprised by the accuracy too.Did see about 6 hunters going for black bear off 423.
    That 257 will be a good gun for PA hunting. Capable for any PA game, and does not punish you when shooting. If it only took two shots, it must have been right on to start.
    Last edited by gghbi; November 25th, 2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    That 257 will be a good gun for PA hunting. Capable for any PA game, and does not punish you when shooting. If it only took two shots, it must have been right on to start.
    It was sighted in but I don't trust anyone who says the gun is sighted I have to do it myself.Would hate to miss that 12 pointer due to my being lazy about sighting in.as usual range was a mess,targets all over the ground and still posted from previous shooters.

(Monroe County)

Took a trip again today 11/25 around 10AM. This was the first time after my negative experience post on 11/8 thinking things may have been a little better. I stopped at the pistol range and HOLY MOLY! It looked like a bomb went off. Absolutely the worst shape I've seen the range in. Backboards gone. Frames shot to all heck. Shotgun shells and wads on the 10 yard range, targets and blown up pumpkins all over. I should have snapped a pic.

I'm not sure if I will return. I belong to a club down off 209 but this range is convenient when I am in Blakeslee/Pocono Lake area, but this is a little much. I know resources may be an issue with the Game Commission, but a little more patrolling might go a long way here.

Yes having been at the range on Monday it is the worst condition I too have experienced.When PGC Gildea was in our sector it did not get this bad ! Where oh Where is PGC Abrahms ? We got a group together in April 2019 cleaned up the ranges also got the backboards serviced/repaired the grounds cleaned up and even the lot and all spent brass/steel casings.We had a small group volunteer along with repair service and even PGC Gildea got his hands dirty alongside us !This is what happens whe people dont give a crap.And like I said where oh where is the new replacement for PGC gildea ? PGC Abrahms ? Do read read these posts ? I think not or maybe you dont give a damm ?

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Yes having been at the range on Monday it is the worst condition I too have experienced.When PGC Gildea was in our sector it did not get this bad ! Where oh Where is PGC Abrahms ? We got a group together in April 2019 cleaned up the ranges also got the backboards serviced/repaired the grounds cleaned up and even the lot and all spent brass/steel casings.We had a small group volunteer along with repair service and even PGC Gildea got his hands dirty alongside us !This is what happens whe people dont give a crap.And like I said where oh where is the new replacement for PGC gildea ? PGC Abrahms ? Do read read these posts ? I think not or maybe you dont give a damm ?
    At this point, Pennsylvania needs to stop allowing out of staters using Pennsylvania funded game lands. With $500 penalties for anyone caught using it without a valid hunting license or game lands permit

(Wayne County)

I've been there the last two Thursdays. Two weeks ago after work to try out the new Marlin 336 in .35 Rem. It was shooting 6-8" left at 50 yards. Since I had nothing with which to adjust the sights properly, I left.

I took a couple hours of leave last Thursday and hit the range after lunch. Far fewer people sighting in their bear/deer rifles. I had looked up the ballistics for .35 Rem and found out that, if you zero at 25 yards, you also zero at, IIRC, 150 yards with +1.3" at 100 yards. So, I took it to the 25 yard pistol range. I bumped the sight a great deal at home before the range and got the first photo. Still shooting left. (the shots in the center are.from aiming right). Bumped the sight some more and lowered one click on the ramp and got the last photo. After a few shots, I was satisfied. These are the last two shots. Yeah, it's only 25 yards, but with open sights, I'm comfortable that the rifle shoots where it is pointed.

I did end up yelling at the brass crab last week. The jagoff kept walking in around and behind me while I was shooting. It was REALLY distracting. As I recall, I yelled at him over the summer because he was trying to walk downrange on the 25 yard side berm while I was shooting on the 7 yard range. Jagoff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Some sad news for you all. Jack the brass whore is still alive. Seen him yesterday.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lehigh County)

Red face Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Hahahahaha was he coughing up brass

If he doesn't die, this corona thing is no big deal. He looks like the crypt keeper.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 117 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast