Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1216

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Found the perfect day to go to range on weekends ! 30 mph winds with temps in the 20s and no one else at range ! Ha,Just a bitch to put up targets in the winds using 100 staples,I am outta here soon !

(Monroe County)

I've never been to a SGL ranch. I understand that I have to get a permit from the game commission, but how does it work? Does anybody check the permit? How do you set up targets? Are there any restrictions on types of ammo? Thanks for any information.

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    I've never been to a SGL ranch. I understand that I have to get a permit from the game commission, but how does it work? Does anybody check the permit? How do you set up targets? Are there any restrictions on types of ammo? Thanks for any information.
    Either the range permit or an up to date hunting license will cover you.Yes they do come around to check on occasion so it pays to be covered.Backbords are set up with a black rubber tarp that you staple your targets to and remove when you are leaving. There is a pistol side and rrifle side although some individuals try getting away with an AR or AK on the pistol side and they do get caught by PGC ! There are also round limits of 6 in semi auto pistols and 3 on the rifle side in semi autos,I try not to be at the range on weekends a lot of careless people exhibiting un safe firearm practices.What I have missed will be filled in by us regular shooters at the range of which a lot of us are safe practicing and aware of other shooters usually a shooter be un official range officer to direct the less than knowledgeable or weekend warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Either the range permit or an up to date hunting license will cover you.Yes they do come around to check on occasion so it pays to be covered.Backbords are set up with a black rubber tarp that you staple your targets to and remove when you are leaving. There is a pistol side and rrifle side although some individuals try getting away with an AR or AK on the pistol side and they do get caught by PGC ! There are also round limits of 6 in semi auto pistols and 3 on the rifle side in semi autos,I try not to be at the range on weekends a lot of careless people exhibiting un safe firearm practices.What I have missed will be filled in by us regular shooters at the range of which a lot of us are safe practicing and aware of other shooters usually a shooter be un official range officer to direct the less than knowledgeable or weekend warriors.
    Pistol & rifle were recently changed to both be 6 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    Pistol & rifle were recently changed to both be 6 rounds
    Must have missed that when I had my heart attack.As you see many members to answer further question about this range and other. Six round you say ? I still see full mags of 30 rounds at the range mostly weekend warriors and they do get caught by PGC 1

Must have missed that when I had my heart attack.As you see many members to answer further question about this range and other. Six round you say ? I still see full mags of 30 rounds at the range mostly weekend warriors and they do get caught by PGC 1
    As long as they are pointing it down range and leave their brass for me... I'm cool with it. It's their ass if they get caught/ fined, and i get more brass to reload. It's a win/ win

https://www.pacode.com/secure/data/0...bchapjtoc.html

The text is under section B prohibited acts #6
    " (6) Load or discharge a firearm that contains more than six rounds of single projectile ammunition."

(Monroe County)

I have to walk up there and staple a Target to a board? Sounds like a good way to get a bullet in the ass, especially with some of the careless people I see at ranges. I can imagine the weekend warriors that are there. That's the reason I only go to the range at opening during the week. I usually go to pocono pistol, but I'd rather be outdoors. I have no interest in sunset hill. I have no problem with people collecting my brass because I don't reload. I pick them up because it's the courteous thing to do.

(Wayne County)

The times I have gone (non-weekend) I have seen safety minded folks. Call "clear", and folks will respond rather promptly, as long as you are not doing it every 5 minutes. I usually put up 4-6 targets to reduce the number of trips down range.

Put them up, come back, and "line is hot", back to shooting.

On a weekend or weekday evening? That's a big Not going to happen.

It's a bit farther, but I prefer the SGL in Archbald.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Monroe County)

Wasn't too bad Friday till the GMC with the NYC russians showed up for mag dumps but I was done by then.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast