Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Ridiculous animal rights org (huntersrapenature.com)

I hope the rest of the hunters here are as passionate as the open carry folks.

I routinely review YouTube and other video website for video that I can use for "lessons learned." Not only do I subscribe to channels that support my views, but I also subscribe to channels that oppose my views. I may not agree with what they are saying, but I need to figure out why they are saying it (and sometimes counter their arguments).

One of the channels is SHARK (Showing Animals Respect and Kindness). They take particular exception to canned hunts at Philadelphia Gun Club.

I was willing to accept both sides of this argument until I read a link at the end of a recent video: huntersrapenature.com . The link will redirect to a part of SHARK's website (http://www.sharkonline.org/?P=0000000427)

The producer of these videos says they for law enforcement; however, often inflamatory video titles show otherwise: "evidence ignored", "bad cops", "police misconduct", and "Corrupt...bike cop."

I'm not sure what sort of counter-action I would recommend, but keep your ducks in a row! I just need everyone to be aware of these nutjobs.

(Venango County)

Default Re: Ridiculous animal rights org (huntersrapenature.com)

You know, I don't hunt. Went years ago, hated sitting in the field cold, and tired. At this point in time, I don't have the funds, or the time to hunt.

That being said, all these hippy, animal rights, whack jobs, really grind my gears. Just because I don't hunt, doesn't mean I am not all for it. I know where my meat comes from. When a friend bags a deer, I have no problem eating venison. When someone shows me pictures, of them with a deer they just bagged, I don't feel "squeamish".

Be it through evolution, or design, I have thumbs. That means anything slower than me, or the tools I can use, can become food.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

You say this like there is any other kind of animal rights organization. They are all ridiculous. Hunters have done more to preserve habitat and help animals than any of these idiots put together.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

No what I think he is referring to is these groups spout the anti hunting BS like Brady bunch spouts the anti gun BS. He wishes more hunters would have the same fervor for the blood sports as the Gun Rights groups. He feels more hunters should defend or explain their position on some of these anti hunting web sites that push the PeTA extremist agenda. This includes Fishing, Farming, pest control, Keeping of pets, animal testing of pharmaceuticals, etc. These groups believe that everyone should be a vegan, and animals should roam free and die fat and happy without any human intervention, the carnivores would all spontaneously become vegetarian and live happily ever after,... kuhmbayah. Like that would ever really happen.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; November 24th, 2010 at 09:06 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Luzerne County)

IMO, the best way to deal with fringe nut-job groups like this is to simply pay them no attention. Ignore them.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    IMO, the best way to deal with fringe nut-job groups like this is to simply pay them no attention. Ignore them.
    Could offer them some deer jerky.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Jefferson County)

This^... Beat me to it..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I open carry a fur hat every winter. It lets people know where I stand on "sustainable fur harvesting". My current hat selections are natural black muskrat for warmer cold days, and red fox for the really cold days. Nobody has ever called in a "woman with a fur hat" to 911 though. LOL- also no cops have detained me for wearing a fur hat.

In turn I have also made many fur hats over the years, some custom to customers from their critters they took, others being ones I made up from my furs, then sold. A skunk hat worn by a customer who was fishing got the attention of a fellow MD trapper, and he and his FFL buddy bought me an otter last season, to do a full mount of. See how the fur intertwines the trappers and the guns together? LOL

Regarding hunters supporting eachother more- not always easy. Also getting both the gun activists and hunters together. With so many facets to both, it is is hard to get the solidarity needed. You have hunters who are "fudds" and think handguns are bad, or that nobody needs a semi auto AK. You have gun people that don't hunt or trap who buy into the lies of animal activists. The houndsmen hate the trappers, and the meat hunters think others shouldn't be shooting foxes since nobody eats them. And so many other combos of 1 against the other. The worst are the hunters and gun people who allowed trapping bans in WA, AZ, and CO. They either didn't vote at all or they outright voted for the ban. All 3 states are considered gun friendly, but have a " California element". However if all the hunters, trappers, and gun people in these states joined together, the libtards wouldn't be able to do anything at all.

A while back, Gunlawyer on here basically said he thought trapping was cruel simply by the traps themselves. I refuted him and he never replied back. No, I don't think I won the "debate". I did tell him he was " trapped" by the animal rights people, into believing their BS. I still respect the guy though. Hopefully I made him think about questioning the anti trappers, just like we all know that the Brady's are full of BS from whatever process of thought we all employed in the past regarding such. The anti gunners and the animal activists use the same methods of " say it long enough and it will be true", general deception, and the use of outright lies which relies upon people having never explored the issues on their own.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Somerset County)

NO, NO, and NO! If we ignore them, they will continue to put out their message and it will soon be the only message out there.

I've been in agriculture all my life. Animal ag is under attack by these nutjobs, the same as hunting. Look up the Meatrix videos on Youtube. They talk about 'factory'farming but have subtle background hints that all animal use is bad.

They use the courts and social media to put their message out there. Even though the message is full of lies, if it is heard often enough, it will be believed. Just like the antigun messages.

The battle is not to convert the 'my rat is my brother' nutjobs but to be sure the real story is available to the non hunting meat eaters and their kids.

To that end, I urge everyone of you to not back down from an antihunting discussion, support the local Youth Field Days, and show the good side of hunters.

Dale

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    NO, NO, and NO! If we ignore them, they will continue to put out their message and it will soon be the only message out there.
    I hear you. And let me be clear. Just like anti-gun or other groups, the ones that have any voice, or standing, yes. I agree with you.
    My comment is in regard to these extreme fringe kooks, like the topic of this thread. You are wasting your time trying to convert these psycos. Best to ignore them. They are so fringe and so small they can do no damage, other to themselves.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast