Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default 2nd Time around with an EMP 9mm

O.K., the thread "good 9mm 1911?" got me thinking, "Maybe I shouldn't have sold my Springfield EMP 9mm."

Called my buddy and he wouldn't sell it back to me
    Can't blame him though.

So I sold three Glocks this past couple of weeks and purchased two EMP 9mms. Have one already, the second is coming from WA. Have an order for a couple of Kramer horsehide belt scabbards. My buddy at least let me borrow the Kramer holster that I sold him with the EMP until my new ones arrive, so I can carry the gun after I run some rounds through it.

Going to be playing around with the EMPs for a while. (Going to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the 1911, though mine will be 9s. )

I am also trading another 3rd Gen Glock 19 for a friend's 2nd Gen Glock 19. Been wanting a 2nd Gen 19 for a while - so I'm not totally out of Glocks at this point.

I told my wife, "Hey its better than me going out and buying a Jag or Benz!"
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Default Re: 2nd Time around with an EMP 9mm

Two 9mm 1911s I assume you wanted a matching pair, or is this some going all 9mm plan? Each to there own 1911s should be 45acp in my mind, 9mm is a good caliber but two 9mms on 1911 platform. I'd have to aks why?

Why not 38 super or 40 cal in 1911?

I bet they will be fun to shoot and pretty accurate too.

But when you do things you don't put a pinky in, you jump in with both feet!

Two 1911 in 9mm?? Are they SS?

(Allegheny County)

I have yet to hear anyone I know and respect have anything good to say about the EMP 9mm.

Be nice if you where the first, as it always looked so appealing. I was tempted to get a STI LS9 for a while when I was going all 1911.

let us know how it runs !

(Allegheny County)

Neko 456, to answer the question why the 9mm? In small packages I like the 9mm. If I was going to run a .45acp it would be in a full size Gov't Model. I personally have never found a use for a .40 or 38 super for myself, so have never looked at those calibers (this is based on 25 years of shooting and owning 100+ different guns during that time).

Why two - I am a firm believer in having a spare duplicate of my EDC gun. Doesn't matter what the gun is, I'll have a spare, sometimes even three. (I keep trying to get my old EMP back from my friend so that I can have three, but he keeps saying no )

The one I had earlier this year was a neat gun, ran great (though I only had it for a short time) - but I wasn't ready to switch systems at the time. This time I am going to give it a real go - I told my wife that I was going to give the EMPs 12 months, so let's see.

ShawnL.,
    A good friend of mine in WA (serious gun user) has been using an EMP 9mm as his BUG for the last 18 months or so. He loves his and after the break in period 300 rds or so, it has been flawless. He let me shoot his last December and it was then that I really decided that I would be getting one in the future.

When he found out that it was going to be my primary EDC gun, he was like, man you will love it, but the 3" blr might limit your applications with it. It might, but at this point in my life, I don't see a 3" blr really limiting me in what I want to do with this gun. We will see though.

Next I have to decide on what IWB holster I want to get for it, I have used many good ones in the past, but this gun needs something special.

(Allegheny County)

Update on my 2nd time around with an EMP 9mm

Well, my second time around with the Springfield EMP was a disaster for me.
    As I posted, I bought two EMPs with the plans on making them my EDC gun for 2011.

I ran 319 rounds through the first one. All FMJ except 75 hollow points. I had 9 failure to feed (4 of these with the hollow points) and 1 failure to extract.

The second EMP was not fired.

I called Springfield and they said send it back, they will get it running; they sent me a return packing slip for it via email that same day.

I was ready to ship it back to Springfield but then said, "What the heck (actually a different word was used ) am I doing." I took both EMPs and used them on trade for a couple of 4th Gen Glock 19s and assorted gear/ammo.

I guess that the EMP and I were not made for each other. Oh well, maybe its time for a Bowie Custom 19 or a Cylinder & Slide Hi Power

(Allegheny County)

and then you went with a 4th gen........ ????

your a glutton for punishment.

(Allegheny County)

What can I say?

The small grip on the 4th gen really fits my hand like they were made for me specifically. We will see how they work, just got my Warren Tactical sights installed on them and I am about to head out to A&S to sight them in.

Also have some 9mm NATO for the break in period.

Fingers crossed that these will be ones that don't have any problems. (2nd Gen 19 is on my hip till these two get a thumbs up though.)

(Centre County)

Do you have a local gun shop or FFL that loves you?? All this trading and buying and selling usually means tons of $$ lost in the process (at least for me anyways...). Good luck your your Glocks!

PS- are you married? My wife would kill me!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Allegheny County)

"PS- are you married? My wife would kill me!"

If only you knew my wife, for a peiod of time back in the early 90s, she was buying/trading more guns than me.

Remember, you can't take it with you!

Over the last 25 years, both of us have owned/traded many, many, many different guns. Several have come around more than once or twice for that matter. (We even had our own FFL for 6 years, 3 in KY and 3 in WA, to help feed the hunger!)

Not rich, but spending $ on guns has never been an issue for us.

And don't ask about the $ spent on training classes either. It still irks me when I think about my wife going down to Thunder Ranch with her two girlfriends for a Defensive Shotgun class without me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    "PS- are you married? My wife would kill me!"

If only you knew my wife, for a peiod of time back in the early 90s, she was buying/trading more guns than me.

Remember, you can't take it with you!

Over the last 25 years, both of us have owned/traded many, many, many different guns. Several have come around more than once or twice for that matter. (We even had our own FFL for 6 years, 3 in KY and 3 in WA, to help feed the hunger!)

Not rich, but spending $ on guns has never been an issue for us.

And don't ask about the $ spent on training classes either. It still irks me when I think about my wife going down to Thunder Ranch with her two girlfriends for a Defensive Shotgun class without me.
    Will you be willing to rent your wife out?? I need someone to help make mine more of a gun enthusiast. Or maybe I can send just package up my wife and send her to you guys for a couple of weeks?!? I honestly do not know what makes me more jealous, the guns or the wife!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast