Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NRA

(Susquehanna County)

Default NRA

Got this e-mail today

**** Alert *** Alert *** Alert ****

Dear Fellow NRA Member,

In the next few days, you'll receive your new NRA membership card.

The moment you receive it, I urge you to validate your new membership card as soon as possible. More than ever, we need you to stand with NRA and fight to save our Second Amendment freedoms.

Because Barack Obama's campaign promise
    not to take away our guns is a lie.

He's not even in office, yet he's fired the opening salvos in a war against the future of the Second Amendment, our hunting and shooting traditions, and YOU.

Obama's FIRST attack on YOU: Appointing Illinois Congressman Rahm Emanuel to be White House Chief of Staff. In Congress, Emanuel earned an "F" rating from NRA, and while working in the Clinton Administration, he was known as the "point man on gun control." He is an avowed enemy of the Second Amendment and will wield enormous power in the battle for the future of our firearm freedoms.

Obama's SECOND attack on YOU: If Hillary Clinton is confirmed as Secretary of State, she'll rip the Second Amendment right out of the Bill of Rights. She'll be our nation's top diplomat with the power to determine whether the United Nations will pass, and Obama will sign, a global gun ban treaty that will surrender our Second Amendment rights and our national sovereignty.

Obama's THIRD attack on YOU: Nominating ex-Senator and former Majority Leader Tom Daschle-an avowed enemy of NRA-to be Secretary of Health and Human Services. NRA was responsible for defeating Daschle when he ran in South Dakota for re-election to the Senate. If Daschle is confirmed, he could hold the ultimate power to declare guns a "public health menace" and regulate away our essential liberties.

Obama's FOURTH attack on YOU: Nominating Eric Holder to be Attorney General. As former Assistant Attorney General, Holder was a key architect and vocal advocate for the Clinton era's sweeping gun ban agenda. He supported national handgun licensing, mandatory trigger locks, and ending gun shows as we know them.

Just recently, Holder opposed the District of Columbia's Heller decision that declared the Second Amendment an individual right. Holder also called for reviving the Clinton gun bans and, as Attorney General, would fight in court to prevent the landmark Heller decision from being made applicable to state and local governments.

Worst of all, if Holder is confirmed as the nation's top law-enforcement officer, he would control BATFE and wield enormous power to harass gun owners and sue America's arms makers out of existence.

Obama's FIFTH attack on YOU: In the job application for the Obama Administration, he made it clear that gun owners are second-class citizens and told 80 million gun owners not to even bother applying for a job. In the "White House Personnel Data Questionnaire" he asked:

"Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide
    complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever
    lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has
    been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

This chilling notice to gun owners-that they are not welcome to serve in his Administration-shows the deep hostility for Americans' Second Amendment Freedoms that Obama and his Administration have in their hearts.

On its face, that question endorses gun registration-a mandate in only five states in our nation-and buys into the anti-gun premise that firearms are inherently dangerous and gun owners are prone to misusing them.

That's an outrageous mindset, especially for the President-elect whose sworn duty will be to uphold the U.S. Constitution, including our right to keep and bear arms.

Obama CLEARLY wants to make gun registration the law of the land.

First for employees under his control...AND THEN FOR YOU.

Working with a Congress dominated by gun haters like Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, John Conyers, Henry Waxman, and Charles Schumer!!!

Rubbing salt in gun owner wounds is the Brady Campaign, which just issued a completely bogus poll claiming that two-thirds of the Americans-including 60% of all gun owners-favor gun registration, licensing of firearm owners, and other sweeping restrictions on our firearm freedoms!

Add it all up and you have the potential
    for a Second Amendment disaster that's unlike
    any other NRA members have ever battled.

That's why we need the strongest possible commitment from EVERY NRA member, starting today. That's why I'm hoping you'll validate your new NRA membership card the moment you receive it.

Because our greatest strength is you.

Only by working with you can NRA hold the line against these threats from every quarter. We are the one force that has the strength to keep Americans free and our rights intact for future generations. With you at our side, we will fight and we will prevail against all odds.

Thank you for your loyalty to NRA and the cause of Freedom.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: NRA

What it should say is:

Thank you for paying for our corporate exec's salary. Your generosity will go directly towards gas for the company cars and their expense account. We may also use it to ensure that the few people in Washington that we haven't pissed of will have a few nice meals and a couple high priced martini's

We will be contacting you again in the very near future to ask for additional money that you will have to pay unless you love Obama and want him to win. We will also be sending you weekly mailers advising you that we are fighting the good fight and that we can't do it without additional money, please feel free to send us additional money unless you hate guns.

Give your money to a cause that actually does something productive with it. Give it to the SAF or PAFOA or any number of other legal defense funds for gun owners.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lebanon County)

I'm not an NRA member personally but

Give it to the SAF or PAFOA or any number of other legal defense funds for gun owners.
    ummm.....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    What it should say is:

Thank you for paying for our corporate exec's salary. Your generosity will go directly towards gas for the company cars and their expense account. We may also use it to ensure that the few people in Washington that we haven't pissed of will have a few nice meals and a couple high priced martini's

We will be contacting you again in the very near future to ask for additional money that you will have to pay unless you love Obama and want him to win. We will also be sending you weekly mailers advising you that we are fighting the good fight and that we can't do it without additional money, please feel free to send us additional money unless you hate guns.

Give your money to a cause that actually does something productive with it. Give it to the SAF or PAFOA or any number of other legal defense funds for gun owners.
    While this is sort of true the sad part is the big political machine that grinds away in this country responds to big money lobbies. Without the NRA we have no voice that will be heard. I hate the way they keep begging for money but that`s the way it works.
    What gun group out there has the clout in Washington that the NRA does?

[COLOR="Blue"]this is a rant from a fellow member on m2hb.net[/COLOR]You'll never convince me that the NRA is anything more than a self-serving, self-protecting sell out organization who's Number One priority is itself.

It's a tried and true old CoIntelPro tactic. The best way to destroy a resistance movement, is to corrupt it with it's own money and power.

I'm sorry, I've just seen too much of this kind of thing over the 53 years of my life. Do you know how Womens Liberation got started? The Federal Reserve realized that half the population wasn't paying into the tax and social security funds..the women. They were losing out on billions. So this organization pops up..and before long, women are marching in the streets to demand that they be enslaved too. It was brilliant.

NRA works a bit like that. It's ok to "compromise" on restrictions which are "reasonable"..after all, NRA got the Government to let us keep our hunting rifles? Our handguns? Our bird guns? So who cares about a little thing like the National Firearms Act? Who would argue that machine guns NEED to be carefully watched and registered. And while we're at it, those military imported rifles. Oh, and those AK 47 clones. And who needs an AR15 anyway? I mean really, you can give up a few little things, right?

NRA is a sellout. They get nothing from me and never will. I don't need an NRA to validate a law which is etched in stone already and more powerful than the Ten Commandments..the Bill of Rights. The second ammendment is clear and irrevocable, but all the NRA has done is negotiate and concede and sell the Constitution out. The only legal answer to a proposed law to outlaw any gun or ammo, no matter what it is, is a simple loud "NO". NRA doesn't say "NO". They also don't put it on the line for freedom or the Constitution in court..they pick pushover cases if they get involved at ALL. In my book, they are money men, nothing more.

NRA gets nothing from me.
    im starting to feel the same way.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the bottom line is which group has clout in DC and the truth of the matter is that GOA and JPFO have burnt their bridges in that regard. Sure, they can stand up and scream but at the end of the day they are getting NOTHING done at the federal level. I don't agree with everything that the NRA does but at least they can get in the door in DC, that is head and shoulders above the rest.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    While this is sort of true the sad part is the big political machine that grinds away in this country responds to big money lobbies. Without the NRA we have no voice that will be heard. I hate the way they keep begging for money but that`s the way it works.
    What gun group out there has the clout in Washington that the NRA does?
    Ex I would agree with you if The NRA actually was doing anything worth while. their latest "accomplishment" was getting the National Forests to allow guns (we assume they had something to do with it). But that law has been on the books for over 25 years... I mean come on.

I had heard a lot of rumors about where the money donated to the NRA goes, and I used to be a member of theirs, so I started looking into it... the amount of money that is spent on things which people aren't paying for is staggering. Things like a public shooting range in Virginia, and a huge shooting range and area in the South West.

The NRA is supposed to be all about preserving the gun owners way of life and fighting the good fight to keep the gov't from taking our freedoms away. instead most states are getting more restrictive with gun control and the NRA is just sitting back doing nothing to support the rights of gun owners, the whole time they are sending out weekly flyers asking for more money and they place a constant barrage of calls to request more donations... its a money making scheme.

Want me to be impressed and start donating to the NRA again? Stop mailing the letters to members. 1 newsletter a month is sufficent to relay all the news that is going on and coming up, and be MUCH more open about WHERE The money is going and WHY. Close the high tech extremly expensive indoor range that is funded by ALL of the NRA's money and is used by an insanely small portion of those contributing (and a lot of the people that shoot there aren't members, its open to the public) and sell off the super range in the South West. Stop giving money to telemarketers (most TM companies get at least 25 - 50% of all money donated), and Do something to help those that pay you!

The NRA isn't helping anything, they aren't going to stop an AWB and they aren't going to care because Gun Control is what keeps the NRA in business
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the bottom line is which group has clout in DC and the truth of the matter is that GOA and JPFO have burnt their bridges in that regard. Sure, they can stand up and scream but at the end of the day they are getting NOTHING done at the federal level. I don't agree with everything that the NRA does but at least they can get in the door in DC, that is head and shoulders above the rest.
    The get in the door and throw money around and get no results

(Delaware County)

I got the paperwork last week.

The new cards are actually MUCH nicer and easier to read then last years.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    The get in the door and throw money around and get no results
    So standing in the alley behind the building yelling is going to get you somewhere? Wake up, GOA and JPFO as much as I agree with them, can get nothing done because they have NO friends on the hill and the press has painted them in such a way that Joe Average thinks they are far, far out nutjobs. The NRA is the only organization that gets anywhere on the national level, no matter how much you don't like it.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast