Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do you know about Igman Ammunition?

With brass prices rising to the point where you cant buy a winchester value pack for less than a meal in NYC. The ammunition like Igman and Prvi Partizan has hit the scene and for cheap. I bought a 1440 round case of prvi partizan for 326 dollars last summer. If you know where to look you can find the Igman for almost nothing as well. What does anyone know about this ammunition? Is it too good to be true? Let me know you all's thoughts.

LG

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: What do you know about Igman Ammunition?

I bought a case of igman M855 recently from Ammoman, and fired some last tuesday.
    this is perfectly good ammo, clean, and was great to shoot...was accurate too, for standard mil loading.

unfortunately, its certainly not cheap, no ammo is really cheap now, especially bras cased copper jacket 5.56

Ammoman has the 5.56 for $399 a case delivered...Erics a great honest guy, and sells good stuff.

Ammomans Igman page:
    http://www.ammoman.com/images2/Bosnia223/AMMO.htm

his quote from the website:
    This is 100% 5.56 x 45mm 62 gr. M855 SS109 "Green Tip" ammunition, brass case, boxer primed, non-corrosive, Penetrator Projectile w/Green Tip.
    This ammunition was produce recently, 20 Rds. Per Box - 200/Sealed PVC - 1000/Carton, IGMAN is currently the only foreign approved manufacture currently producing 5.56 x 45mm 62 gr. M855 SS109 for the US Army.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Ill check him out on the 5.56, its actually a better price than most. I know the 7,62x39 is way cheap on the market though at 6.95 a box and under 350 for a case.

LG
    Last edited by neinLG; November 19th, 2007 at 12:28 AM.

Natchez has Remington UMC .223 for $324.80 @ thousand in 50 count boxes.

www.natchezss.com

Brass cased, boxer primed, and fully reloadable. Bill T.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    Natchez has Remington UMC .223 for $324.80 @ thousand in 50 count boxes.

www.natchezss.com

Brass cased, boxer primed, and fully reloadable. Bill T.
    thats not 62gr green tip penetrator ammo, and its not milspec, its 55gr commercial loadings, with soft primers that may not be suitable for semiauto weapons with a floating firing pin...like an AR15/m16

the Igman stuff is brass cased, boxer primed, fully reloadable.

just a note.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    thats not 62gr green tip penetrator ammo, and its not milspec, its 55gr commercial loadings, with soft primers that may not be suitable for semiauto weapons with a floating firing pin...like an AR15/m16.
    I've fired well over a thousand rounds of the stuff thru my 3 AR-15's. It runs fine. It's far more dependable and accurate than the dirt shooters who buy it and bumpfire it into hillsides. Bill T.

(Adams County)

Depending on how much you shoot a year you might want to consider hand loading/reloading. With the ever increasing price of loaded ammunition the initial investment in reloading equipment is becoming much easier to offset in a short amount of time. Besides, it's fun.

Wow UMC for that cheap its almost unheard of. I see that AIMsurplus.com has S&B for super cheap.

I would like to start reloading but when I did the math its actually cheaper to just buy it. Now Im not so sure seeing as prices went up it might be cheaper. Still, it takes fronting the money for all the equipment and really learning how to reload. Im not sure of the possible dangers of it but then again I would suppose its actually less dangerous seeing as you will know then how much of a powder load you actually have. I guess Im on the fence. I welcome comments and advice though.

LG

Quote Originally Posted by neinLG View Post
    Wow UMC for that cheap its almost unheard of. I see that AIMsurplus.com has S&B for super cheap. I would like to start reloading but when I did the math its actually cheaper to just buy it. Now Im not so sure seeing as prices went up it might be cheaper. I welcome comments and advice though.
    Save all of your brass. That doesn't cost anything to do, and now is well worth it. I just bought 2,500 55 Gr. Winchester FMJ bullets from Midway for $170.00 delivered. I've probably got in the area of 3,000+ cases, so it is worth it to reload. .223/5.56 MM is getting as, or more expensive to shoot than most all of the other centerfires. I'm not so sure that wasn't the goal all along. Nothing drives up prices faster than a "shortage". Remington has said one of every 4 centerfire cartridges they are producing is .223. Thats 25% of their production. Regardless, the days of $3.00 a box .223 are gone forever. In that regard I can't see any reason for shooting Wolf steel cased crap anymore. The stuff isn't that cheap, it's filthy as hell, plays hell with extractors, and to frost the cake and light the candles, you can't reload it. I've seen .45 ACP steel cased Wolf for more than $2.00 a box over Mag Tech which is brass cased and fully reloadable. I never did like Wolf, and now shooting it makes no sense at all. Bill T.

Hi,

I bought twelve 20 round boxes of Igman 6.5X55 Swede several years ago. It is Boxer primed. I shot forty rounds of it and experienced differences in recoil, blown primers and deformed brass.

This morning, finally got around to reloading the spent cases.

Some of it cannot be decapped in the normal way because the flash holes are too small. No two of the cases are the same length, and of the several I could remove primers, no two had the same diameter flash hole.

The 6.5 cases came with several different head stamps.

I have two cases of 8X57 Yugoslav MilSurp, and that seems to shoot fine. It is Berdan primed and i do not intend to reload it. It is all head stamped the same.

Based on my experience, I would shoot the 8X57, and not purchase any of their ammunition made for other calibers.

I hope that helps,

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast