Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pfa advice

(Bucks County)

Exclamation pfa advice

My pfa has elapsed. I want the firearms back wich are family heirlooms is there a waiting period before I can go to the sheriffs office and pick them up? How long do I have to wait to get a license to carry? If there is anyone who has information on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thankyou Bill

(Bucks County)

Default Re: pfa advice

Thankyou for clearing that up for me

(Luzerne County)

Please let us know how this works out.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

No problem I'm going tomorrow to see if I can buy a glock 30 Sf ,so if it goes through than I know the sheriffs office shouldn't give me problems

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill76 View Post
    No problem I'm going tomorrow to see if I can buy a glock 30 Sf ,so if it goes through than I know the sheriffs office shouldn't give me problems
    Just out of curiosity........why are you going to buy a new one to see if you're going to have a hard time getting back your old ones? If someone had my property against my will the only thing on my mind would be getting it back..priority one! YMMV but I kinda don't get it.

(Bucks County)

FYI The Firearms that were taking from my house are family heirlooms not something i want to carry or take to the range. I called the Bucks County sherrifs office and they said there is a 7 day grace period until the systems get updated and I was told to call back next monday. Now doesnt that sound alot diffrent than what is wriiten as law. Is our sheriffs office following the laws or making them up as they go along? Because I was pretty sure that it said the day the PFA expired that I should be able to get them back, it says nothing about 7 days grace period.

(Jefferson County)

The 7 day thing is probably just a technicality of the computer/record systems, not an additional burden created by the sheriff's department. We all are subject to "the system" in whatever field we work.

Sure, the system should be faster and be updated immediately - however things aren't always like that in real life.

(York County)

FYI The Firearms that were taking from my house are family heirlooms not something i want to carry or take to the range. I called the Bucks County sherrifs office and they said there is a 7 day grace period until the systems get updated and I was told to call back next monday. Now doesnt that sound alot diffrent than what is wriiten as law. Is our sheriffs office following the laws or making them up as they go along? Because I was pretty sure that it said the day the PFA expired that I should be able to get them back, it says nothing about 7 days grace period.
    And yes, some sheriffs do make up their own little " laws." But I'm thinking this is just the way the computer system works, like someone else said.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Bucks County)

Well today wasn't so bad, I might have to wait until next monday for firearm permit and my 2 grandfathers guns back, But my transfer on the glock went through no problem. Looks like the computers update faster than I thought they would

(Monroe County)

Well today wasn't so bad, I might have to wait until next monday for firearm permit and my 2 grandfathers guns back, But my transfer on the glock went through no problem. Looks like the computers update faster than I thought they would
    hopefully you'll get ALL OF YOUR property back at the same time....good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast