Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default need optics for a SCAR-17

im a newbie to the rifle scene and just ordered my SCAR-17. couldnt resist the price, so ships out to me next week.
    now, looking for optics/mount. will only be shooting it 100-300 yds since there nothing further than that here. prefer something for CQ than I can still shoot @ 300. also, must be able to use at night. prefer to stay up to $1k, but do not want to go over $1500 max. -any suggestions?

(York County)

Default Re: need optics for a SCAR-17

I have the matching EOTech on mine and it works really well.

If you want magnification I'd look into Leopold CQB scopes. They're pretty nice too but quite a bit more expensive.

(Pike County)

Which EOTech model do u have?

(York County)

Forget the model number but it's the tan one with ARMS quick detach levers.

Edit: Here it is, 553. And there is a $50 rebate going on right now until the end of December.

http://www.chosentactical.com/EOTech...Holosight.html
    Last edited by 24/7dude; November 20th, 2010 at 01:27 PM.

(Cumberland County)

There's an AR15.com group buy going on at SWFA.com, on Aimpoint Comp M2's. It's the M68/AAFES kit the army uses with a picatinny mount and flip up caps. Total price comes to $432 shipped, a smokin' deal. I love mine. Enter coupon code AR15M2 when you check out.

(Pike County)

i think im going for the EoTech EXPS 3-0. then, i'll be in the market for a nice scope for 3-600+ yd range.

(Washington County)

Aimpoint Micro in a Larue mount not sure of the height to get a proper co witness with a Scar but then you can add a Magnifier if you want to stretch out to some distance. This will work perfect for inside of 300 yards

Also with the EoTech I like them have one on my AR but with the side charging handle of the Scar it may or may not be a problem for you depending on where you locate it on the rail. they are a little bigger at the bottom than some other sights.

Hope this helps enjoy your new rifle.

(Lancaster County)

Trijicon....Thats all I have to say. The military SDMs use them and they are NV compatable. Cant go wrong. And for 1300-1400 you can get a nice one.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    Trijicon....Thats all I have to say. The military SDMs use them and they are NV compatable. Cant go wrong. And for 1300-1400 you can get a nice one.
    i was thinkin for the Elcan Specter DR after I saved some $$. the Eotech is cheap for now & can always sell it in the future.

(Allegheny County)

elcan... as long as it's a 308-rated model, the rifle won't destroy the optics. my co-workers swear by the elcan over the aimpoint (straight-up POS), eotech, and ACOG. plus, the fact that the elcan is a 1x / 4x switchable is a definite plus if you're going to be plinking at varying ranges but not trying to reach out to the full range capability of the ammo.

make sure you get a really solid stockweld when shooting it, or you're likely to experience misfeeds, incomplete cycling, and failures to extract. also, pay particular attention to where and how you mount your optics such that they do not interfere in any way with the reciprocating charging handle.

hope this helps... and congrats on your new purchase. personally, i'll stick with my SOCOM-II. if i go any lighter i think it'll be a DSA SA-58 OSW as it's based on the FAL, which is probably the most historically reliable 7.62x51 combat rifle. but that's just my humble opinion.
    but for the Grace of God go I forth to do Great and Wonderful things in His Name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast