Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Florida Non-Resident Permit

I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to be able to find anything with the search function. I want a Florida Non-Resident Permit. Is there a dealer or someone around Hanover, York, or Gettysburg who takes people through the process???

Thanks, Nate

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Florida Non-Resident Permit

Check around the ranges in your area. There is also a company (guy and his wife) that do some of the gunshows where you do the class, range session, finger prints, photo, forms etc in about 4 hours.
    I did it at the philly show in June. I had my florida ccw mid august.

(Erie County)

Personal Defense Solutions

They are kinda close, it's worth the drive though. They do the whole deal. Paperwork, fingerprints, photo, training certificate. Thats where I got mine.

(Delaware County)

Something to think about, getting a Utah non res permit gives you basically the same states the Florida license does, it costs a lot less too, and renewal is a lot less as well. Click HERE for a list of certified Utah permit instructors. The only down side, from what I've heard, is it takes a while for them (Utah) to process the applications.

(York County)

If you value your privacy, take the UTAH permit. Utah has two distinct advantages: their CCW database is NOT public (Florida's IS a PUBLIC database), and if another state grants reciprocity, it's automatically good for a Utah permit.

Contact FRISteve if you want the scoop on it, he's a Utah State Certified Instructor and can help ya out! He's located in Dover, PA, near York or Harrisburg.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Something to think about, getting a Utah non res permit gives you basically the same states the Florida license does, it costs a lot less too, and renewal is a lot less as well. Click HERE for a list of certified Utah permit instructors. The only down side, from what I've heard, is it takes a while for them (Utah) to process the applications.

Wish I knew about it then... I need to be able to carry in NV and FL permit doesnt help with that. Looks like it's time to do the song and dance all over again.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NoHackrLtd View Post
    If you value your privacy, take the UTAH permit. Utah has two distinct advantages: their CCW database is NOT public (Florida's IS a PUBLIC database), and if another state grants reciprocity, it's automatically good for a Utah permit.

Contact FRISteve if you want the scoop on it, he's a Utah State Certified Instructor and can help ya out! He's located in Dover, PA, near York or Harrisburg.

Email sent to FRISteve. I do believe I would like the Utah permit better.

Thanks guys for all the good info, you've proven once again this is the best gun board around!

the class and other requirements for the utah permit are easy as pie. only problem is your looking at 100+days for a utah permit

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    the class and other requirements for the utah permit are easy as pie. only problem is your looking at 100+days for a utah permit
    Yeah I wish it wouldn't take so long, but I don't plan to travel out of state till next summer. Except to Maryland and New York and I'm screwed either way in those states.

(Jefferson County)

if you've taken you Hunter Safety Course, or served in the military - your Hunter card or DD214 will suffice for FL's training. All you would have to do is get an application, fill it out, go get finger printed and passport sized pics taken, write out a check and mail it all in.

You will need FL application packet because of the print cards. FL will mail you a packet if you request one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast