4. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Compact is noticeably smaller for CC IWB

3 75.00%
  • The full, anyone can CC IWB with the right holster

0 0%
  • They'll feel and print probably the same

1 25.00%
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Springfield XD.45 4" vs XD.45 4" Compact - Noticeable difference when concealing?

After weeks of shopping and weighing everything out, I finally decided on a gun.

However, I wanted to get an opinion on if the size differences will matter when conceal carrying IWB. Is the compact noticeably smaller when CC IWB or should I just go full??

(Blair County)

Default Re: Springfield XD.45 4" vs XD.45 4" Compact - Noticeable difference when concealing?

For CC the compact should be easier to conceal. Body type and build is also a factor when CC so you have to decide which works best for you. Personally I've found that the compact Glocks are a little easier to conceal. 13 rounds is pretty respectable for a 45.

For carrying I vote compact.
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Springfield XD.45 4" vs XD.45 4" Compact - Noticeable difference when concealing?

Now with the winter months upon us the compact is very easy to conceal.

Alot will also depend on the holster, I have yet to find the right IWB holster for me.

I personally carry an XD40 4" IWB/OWB and have no trouble. I'm 5'9" and 190lbs so I'm not big but not small, so my XD9sc conceals easier but the 4" is no problem with the right holster. I found that the right holster is difficult and expensive to find, I had an MTAC and it caused some pain and discomfort while carrying larger pistols so I sold it and took the loss. I've also had some cheaper ones and they suck for the most part but it's not so bad if you only pay $25 for the holster. So I decided to make my own, I prefer Kydex and so far it's working out nicely, I kind of shocked myself with the comfort of IWB with that type of material. I will be making these for sale soon so if you are interested pm me and we can discuss it.