Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Question SITUATION: optional second gun

Hey everyone,
    Im wondering if any of you have any thoughts on a second gun im hoping to purchase:

im looking at either a RIA 1911A1 3.5" barrel in .45 ACP or a springfield armory EMP in 9mm.

the Emp would be nice because its built on the 9mm platform, the same caliber as my XD9.

any advice?
    Springfield XD9 5" tactical

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: SITUATION: optional second gun

It depends upon what you want this second gun to do. However, I see a hole in your small collection that really should be filled. Buy a .22 LR pistol/revolver. A pistol may be the better choice as you already own a pistol platform and those wheel guns are tricky.

Since you invoked the name of his Situation-ness:

If I were to guess what the Situation would suggest, it would be to get a gold plated Desert Eagle. Like this:

However, I stand by my suggestion. Get a great .22 LR like a Ruger Mark III so that you can spend lots of trigger time at the range working on your basic marksmanship skills. The venerable .22 LR is inexpensive, very accurate, low recoiling and just a tad cute. The more trigger time you spend the better shooter you will become. Buy a .22 LR, a good one (stay away from the trendy shite like the Sig Mosquito or the Walther P22) will pay you back many times over.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    It depends upon what you want this second gun to do. However, I see a hole in your small collection that really should be filled. Buy a .22 LR pistol/revolver. A pistol may be the better choice as you already own a pistol platform and those wheel guns are tricky.

If I were to guess what the Situation would suggest, it would be to get a gold plated Desert Eagle. Like this:

However, I stand by my suggestion. Get a great .22 LR like a Ruger Mark III so that you can spend lots of trigger time at the range working on your basic marksmanship skills. The venerable .22 LR is inexpensive, very accurate, low recoiling and just a tad cute. The more trigger time you spend the better shooter you will become. Buy a .22 LR, a good one (stay away from the trendy shite like the Sig Mosquito or the Walther P22) will pay you back many times over.
    You suck! I now need to bleach my eyes! Twice!

(Susquehanna County)

ok then not exactly the suggestion i was looking for but i get what you mean and i guess ill have to be more careful in nameing threads :P

(Montgomery County)

I am totally serious about the .22 LR pistol recommendation. They are help build and hone the basic marksmanship skills that are essential to effectiveness. Consider it.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Susquehanna County)

I am totally serious about the .22 LR pistol recommendation. They are help build and hone the basic marksmanship skills that are essential to effectiveness. Consider it.
    i definately will steve, never really thought about it like that, but i guess i didnt start out shooting my 30-06 for hunting, went up from bb, to pellet, to 22, then the larger calibers.

(Butler County)

Depends on the reason for the 2nd gun.

My 1st - Full size 9mm for target and OC
    My 2nd - Sub comapct 9mm for CC/OC
    My 3rd - Pocket 380 for deep conceal

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Depends on the reason for the 2nd gun.

My 1st - Full size 9mm for target and OC
    My 2nd - Sub comapct 9mm for CC/OC
    My 3rd - Pocket 380 for deep conceal
    second gun would be put in an ankle holster as a backup

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by SpringFieldTactical View Post
    second gun would be put in an ankle holster as a backup
    Did you try both in a ankle holster? My size both are to big. Hence the LCP (380)

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Did you try both in a ankle holster? My size both are to big. Hence the LCP (380)
    i havnet had access to either of them but they should be comparable in size,
    hmm so a 380 pocket pistol like a keltec p3at or similar then?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast