Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default New Saiga 12 and Conversion Process

At the Split Rock gunshow, I picked up a new Saiga-12 shotgun with a 19" barrel and a ten round magazine. That was the cheap part. Today, I've begun the process for converting it.

I ordered the new front end for the Saiga-12. A Chaos Quad-rail setup with installed HK-style sights, gas piston, cleaning system, and a sweet door break. The total with shipping was $283.

The rear end was also ordered this morning from Carolina Shooters Supply. I chose the SAW grip conversion with Tromix trigger guard and Tapco G2, the AR style ACE club stock, folding mechanism, receiver block install adapter, MD five position gas plug. The total with shipping was $340.

Next will be the assembly. The front will be easy, as it drops right in. As for the back end, I'm not yet sure. There're a ton of guides, and I've got a friend who's going to lend a hand.

This thread will be updated accordingly with pictures and info once the hard part begins.

Default Re: New Saiga 12 and Conversion Process

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    I ordered the new front end for the Saiga-12. A Chaos Quad-rail setup with installed HK-style sights, gas piston, cleaning system, and a sweet door break. The total with shipping was $283.
    Which brake did you order? That doesn't look like the Tromix Shark Brake, but it does look pretty cool.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Which brake did you order? That doesn't look like the Tromix Shark Brake, but it does look pretty cool.
    It's not a Tromix. Chaos makes them, they look pretty awesome.

(Allegheny County)

Very cool man, I hope to have a similar build some day, can't wait to see some pix of it, curious, how much was your stock saiga 12?

(Berks County)

That brake is called the Chaos Warthog; I'm planning on buying Chaos parts when I do my conversion as well. See here for more info:

Chaos US

Warthog Breacher/Brake

They also a have a bunch of other parts for sale as well, check it out.

crlovel, I've been hesitant to convert as I don't want to ruin my Saiga, and I'd be going it alone as I don't have help. Any pics you can post of the conversion steps, especially of the trigger guard and FCG installation would be helpful.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; November 17th, 2010 at 05:35 PM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Westmoreland County)

I have a Tromix converted Saiga 12. They are awesome guns.

Here is a video of me shooting my conversion with a MD Arms 20rd drum.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    That brake is called the Chaos Warthog
    That's one evil-looking brake! I was considering getting the Shark Brake for mine, but I may just have to consider this one. I don't know anything about Chaos, though. Are they a decent company to do business with? Where are they located (couldn't find it on the website)?

(Berks County)

That's one evil-looking brake! I was considering getting the Shark Brake for mine, but I may just have to consider this one. I don't know anything about Chaos, though. Are they a decent company to do business with? Where are they located (couldn't find it on the website)?
    Not sure where he's located, but take a look at the Saiga-12 Forums; the guy that owns the business is a regular poster over there, as well as a sponsor. I've lurked over there a bunch, and it seems most of the users there believe him to be a stand-up guy that makes a quality product. I haven't yet bought what I need for my conversion, but I did a bunch of research and when I'm ready, my parts list will include Chaos.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Holy endless credit card debt Batman!!

It's gonna look good Chris, and if that doesn't kill a zombie nothing will.

(Berks County)

Cameron owns Chaos, and I'm pretty sure the company is in Evansville, Indiana. He responds to messages very quickly. The company has a solid rep on the Saiga 12 forum, I wouldn't hesitate to give him business. Hell, I didn't hesitate!

Same with Carolina Shooters Supply. I found a promo code AFTER I placed my order today, emailed Greg Queen who represents them, and he refunded me the difference. Great company to deal with.

CR, when you do your conversion, check them out. They sell everything you need in one easy kit. Also, after I do mine and see exactly what's done, I'm willing to look over your shoulder and give a hand if you need it. As it is, I will be taking a LOT of pictures for a step-by-step easy to follow guide.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast