Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Dan Wesson CCO Bobtail

Anyone have any experience with the dan wesson CCO bobtail?

I've heard of dan wesson 1911's but never handled one.

I ran across this pistol while searching for a candidate to be my next purchase. I really like the 1911 platform.

Kimber has a similar model but I'd rather avoid the firing pin blocking mech.

Sid

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Dan Wesson CCO Bobtail

sid, you might get more information on it here.....

http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

While some it may be somewhat bias,,,,, it is a great pistol. No, I don't own one.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

The Dan Wesson CCO is one of the best 1911 carry configurations there is. It is a lightweight (alloy) Officer's Model frame with a Commander top-end (4.25"). The "bobtail" is not a bobtail in the sense that we see on full size 1911's - there just isn't enough frame left after shortening it by one round - but rather a rounding of the corner at the bottom of the grip.

These are great because they offer relatively light weight, a 4.25" barrel, which most gunsmiths agree is less problematic than anything shorter (and hiding barrel length is easy - why anyone would want a shorter sight radius and the lower velocity of anything shorter is beyond me), a proven round on a proven platform.

Aside from custom and semi-custom 1911's there are only two other makers of this configuration - S&W with their 1911ES and Sig Sauer with their RCS. Of the three, I think the Dan Wesson may be the best (that comes from someone who carries a Sig RCS). If I were you, I'd grab it.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(York County)

Thanks for the advice. Pizza Bob and Thundrr1; I'll defietly check out that link.

Sid

(Centre County)

I have DW CBOB, and as far as I'm concerned, it's the best damn bang for buck guns out there.
    It's dependable - 2000plus rounds fired, and no failure of any kind, except ammo and mag related.
    It's accurate - it can easily active 1.5" at 25' if you do your part(although I was never have been able to achieve this. I imagine wolf steel case and most bulk ammos aren't most accurate? Best I did was 2" at 25' with cheapie.
    It's Fit and Finish is right up there with guns costing twice as much, except I myself had some issue with my grip safety with mine, it was easy fix with EdBrown memory grip safety.

And it look good! Perfect carry gun which I never carry. I hate to bang it up. LOL
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(York County)

Did you have any fitting issues with the Ed Brown grip safety or wdid it just drop in?