Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: ~HB 1926 FINAL PUSH FOR RENDELL'S SIGNATURE!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    And just in time for this "unarmed is not deadly force" http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/10...est=latestnews Michigan Man, 67, Dies After Punch by Burger King Worker
    Thanks for that link. Any situation can deteriorate fast & here you see what even a single punch can do. The best thing you can do is to keep distance between you & shit4brains. Anyone gets force threatening with me within 2 arms lengths is going to know bad karma is going to go down. I use this & it works. My hand is either on the spray, the stun gun, or the trigger . . . always concealed, but they know. It comes down to situational awareness, how you carry yourself, how much you don't talk, eye contact or ignoring them (depends on the situation), and knowing what you can handle. In my case that is anything. But you have to work at your skills and know what you can do. Whether you're weak or strong, this gets telegraphed to the problem child and in my case keeps them away. It isn't worth it. I've intimidated Bloods in the hood. In spite of that, If anyone still decides to come in, now I know it's bad, and all bets are off.

"I carry a .45 because shooting twice is just silly."

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    In the end, I'd rather have a law that gives me liberty to protect myself and my family and make life more difficult for criminals.
    And I think this is a key point. Many of our self-defense laws favor criminals and attackers at the expense of the law-abiding individual. I don't see anyplace in the law that imposes a duty to retreat on someone who attacks ME - if I've missed that someone please correct me. Yet I have such a duty under current law.

I see no reason why an advantage should be granted to an attacker over his victim but that is exactly the case with some of our laws governing self defense. I believe that overall it would serve society well if criminals realized that the law is biased in favor of the non-aggressive and law-abiding citizens they might attempt to victimize.

(Berks County)

Unsticking this thread, as the effort is over and done. Information on the 2011 legislative session will be coming soon...
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889