Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Hunting Stories

(Philadelphia County)

Default Hunting Stories

I'm wondering what everyone elses hunting camp is like. IE... How many people, what you do for fun? We usually arrive the day after Thanksgiving and unpack. We drink some beers and play cards. Saturday,we scope in our rifles and shoot some rounds from our pistols, then we usually hit the local bars and play some pool. Sunday, it's football and more beers. We usually get about 15 to 20 people, and it's always a good time.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Hunting Stories

Our "camp" is the family farm. We just show up before dawn, eat some bacon or sausage, then head out to our respective stands or walking trails.

None of the stereotypical hunting camp activities, its just another activity as regular as feeding the cattle.

(Somerset County)

Camp is my parents farmhouse. I used to go to a camp out the road but the relatives who owned it died and...

A buddy of mine lost his camp after his dad died so he joins us at the farm in the morning.

The last couple of years, a few friends have been getting together for brunch at a local restaurant on Sunday.

Fun but not the same. I miss camp with a few beers, some nickel ante poker, and a pile of BS.

Dale

(Butler County)

Land lord called me about the snow, 26inches and said there was too much snowfor bear. We went. I got a one 200 yards behind camp, my bros went over the mountain. Landlord said to me when ya get him- cut the toungue and put it in your pocket for proof of ownership.At 150 meters I hit the beast twice. Hit each shoulder. When I found him he tried to charge me. One more shot from the hip gave him a extra hole in the head..Buddies dont beleive me at camp, I pull out the toungue. Voila! How ya like me now!