Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Trigger pull on small carry guns?

Currently I carry a Glock 19 - 90% of the time, and I love the gun. It's accurate the trigger pull is acceptable and I trust it. The other 10% of the time I'm not carrying it's because the 19 is a little to big.

I've tried the Kel Tec P3AT and the Ruger LCP and hated both of them, the trigger pull made me cringe, and I was very inaccurate with both. I understand more trigger time on the platforms could help smooth some things out but I decided they weren't the best fit for me.

I've been looking into a Kel Tec PF9, how does its trigger compare to the LCP and P3AT, do you think I'd find myself hating it just as much? The Kahr PM9 seems to get good reviews at a higher price tag, thoughts?

I'm looking for a smaller carry gun (slimmer) for the small amount of time where my G19 doesn't fit the bill. I've even considered the 1911 platform as it may hide a bit better then my Glock. I carry IWB almost all of the time.

So what do you think I should check out? I really wish we had a range around Lancaster Co that rented guns, it would make all this buying and then selling a thing of the past ...

Updates to my thread
    I have some time to make my decision - I'll be making a purchase around X-mas.

I think I'd like to stay 9mm and above.

I'm not against revolvers but my poor eye sight makes the blade type sights horrific, I'd have to upgrade to a series like the S&W PD or Night Guard that have upgraded sights.
    Last edited by keystoneman 85; November 15th, 2010 at 12:10 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Trigger pull on small carry guns?

Kahr P380? I personally have a Micro Eagle for a B.U.G.and although the trigger pull is something ridiculous, like 20 lbs, I prefer that for a pocket gun, and trust this gun with my life. You could always go with a cocked and locked Sig P238 too!

(Lancaster County)

Have you considered the Glock26? If you like the pull of the 19, then the 26 should be almost identical. If you're in Lancaster, we could probably meet up and you can give my 26 a try and see if you like it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Kahr P380? I personally have a Micro Eagle for a B.U.G.and although the trigger pull is something ridiculous, like 20 lbs, I prefer that for a pocket gun, and trust this gun with my life. You could always go with a cocked and locked Sig P238 too!
    Thanks, Chemical. I adjusted my OP, I think I'd like to stay 9mm and larger.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Have you considered the Glock26? If you like the pull of the 19, then the 26 should be almost identical. If you're in Lancaster, we could probably meet up and you can give my 26 a try and see if you like it.
    Hey Streaker,

I actually used to own a 26, I found that carrying a 26 or a 19 IWB was about the same, I sold the 26 and went to the 19 after that. I like the 26 just as much as my 19 but it's not any easier to conceal since its width is about/or is the same. I appreciate your generous offer.

(Monroe County)

i don't know if you were intentionally avoiding revolvers, but if not, try a snubbie, in .38 or .357.

or any other caliber, but those are pretty common. in DA, the trigger pull is long and heavy, but still smooth, clean, and predictable. If you happen to get one with a normal hammer, SA is an almost effortless touch (on mine anyway)

if you do go this way, get a smith or ruger
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Centre County)

What about a snub nose .38 or (gasp!) .357 mag? My usual carry is a .38 special when the G23 or M&P9c are a little too large. S&W still has their promo going (I think) and there is the LCR, etc... My Taurus 85 (double gasp!)has been great over the last 3 or so years and you could get a shrouded or hammerless model for snag free fun. A good smith can tune a revolver trigger into something you may like.

edit; MB beat me to it.... by one minute....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MischaBurns View Post
    i don't know if you were intentionally avoiding revolvers, but if not, try a snubbie, in .38 or .357.

or any other caliber, but those are pretty common. in DA, the trigger pull is long and heavy, but still smooth, clean, and predictable. If you happen to get one with a normal hammer, SA is an almost effortless touch (on mine anyway)

if you do go this way, get a smith or ruger
    I'm not against a revolver, my eyes in their young age are terrible (yeah I need lasik) if I were to go that route I'd need to look into the upgraded sights that can be found on the PD and Night Guard series of S&W revolvers. The generic blade type sights on most revolvers are a bear for me.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    Thanks, Chemical. I adjusted my OP, I think I'd like to stay 9mm and larger.
    Rohrbaugh....expensive, but I've heard nothing but great things. You could also try the Kahr mk9 or pm9

(Montgomery County)

Check out a Kahr PM9.

They do cost more than your LCP/3AT types, but you get what you pay for and it's a real SD caliber

I've had my PM9 for about two months and it's almost always on my ankle or in my pocket. It's pretty much replaced my 642.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast