Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default 870 with a knoxx stock

I just ordered a remington 870 tactical with a knoxx stock, this is my first shotgun. It's a 20ga with an 18" barrel and it will mostly be used for HD and occasional range use. I've got plenty of rifles and handguns, just no shotguns. I looked real hard at the mossberg 500 cruiser line and I believe that will be soon to follow. Anyone have any experience with this specific model? Good points or bad? Id appreciate your input!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/42057

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: 870 with a knoxx stock

I looked at the wingmaster but the problem was the barrel length in stock form. I want something way shorter and it's just a matter of personal preference. I saw nothing mall-ninja about it, it looked total functionality and tactical to me. I understand the express is the cheaper model and I've heard lots of good reviews on them, and that played heavily into my decision.

(Jefferson County)

ive been reading & watching reviews on the Blackhawk Knoxx stocks for shotguns & rifles - all very good stuff said about them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhz6hFG7i6s
    Last edited by Generation X; November 17th, 2010 at 05:29 AM.

I have nothing but good things to say about Knoxx stocks

Quote Originally Posted by DVE View Post
    I have nothing but good things to say about Knoxx stocks
    ditto. i've got a SpecOps on my 500. love it. there are lots of purists who will bitch and moan about how all that newfangled technology is a bunch of hooey. fact is, the recoil system does what knoxx says it will. i'm faster and more accurate. for the casual - experienced user, it's a win. i don't doubt there are serious operators who may not need or care for it. that doesn't mean it isn't exceptional.

(Allegheny County)

The Spec Ops stock works extremely well. It is not my favorite "looking" addition to the 870. But man 0' man does it work. I don't shoot a lot of target loads out of mine, and even with hi-vel slugs and magnum buckshot it makes the 12g a kitten. My 100# lady feels the same way. She can go through a few multipacks of slugs and buckshot with that stock and not even blink. She's all smiles.

I don't know why you went 20g though. With the recoil reducing stock, the 12g is no more of a sacrifice of increased recoil.

(Schuylkill County)

Just picked up the 870 with the knoxx stock and it is very nice. The fit and function of the gun is superb, and I actually like the stock in the next to shortest position. The reason I went with the 20 ga is my wife loves to shoot, and I didn't want her to be detered by the 12's recoil. Also the adjustable stock will fit her and I perfectly. Also picked up a mossberg 500 cruiser with PG, another nice toy. Going to the range tomorrow morning and have a little bit of fun.

(Allegheny County)

That's why the knoxx stock. It tames the 12 gauge, my lady shoots it all the time and she is tiny. Plus the adjustable LOP really helps smaller framed people get a better fit. That's what I was trying to say. If you are going to buy the Knoxx stock, there is no need to go 20g. It's that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    That's what I was trying to say. If you are going to buy the Knoxx stock, there is no need to go 20g. It's that good.
    I agree. It would've been nice if both of them were 500's or 870's then you could've just taken the allen wrench with you to the range and swapped over the Knoxx. That way you could feel the difference in recoil.

(Schuylkill County)

I agree with you guys, the knoxx stock does it's job well and it's a perfect match for the 12 ga. This is my first shotgun and I wanted to start out with something manageable, sort of starting out with a .22 when you were a kid. I'll move up to a nice 12 ga in the near future, I like to take my time and do a lot of research as it's half the fun in making a nice purchase more enjoyable. For now i'm enjoying the 20 ga very much and all my other rifles have taken a back seat to this new shotgun infatuation. Actually shooting for me has never been so much fun. And I really like the fact that you can buy a really nice shotgun for $300 compared to $700-$1,000 for a good rifle. It makes it all more enjoyable when I can actually afford bulk ammo and still have $$$ left over for dinner. As far as my next purchase goes i've been looking hard at mossberg 500's and maybe by spring I will have another new toy.