Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Membership Help

(Montgomery County)

Default Membership Help

Can anyone besides Dan update membership status?

I don't do paypal.

I sent Dan a pm last weekend (he has not replied) that I was sending $20 to the po box to renew my membership. I realize that it's only been a few days since the check probably got there. But, my damn PM box is pretty full and I’d like to get my 100 pm's activated again.

Yeah, I realize I may be being a little impatient but I have some things going on that require use of pm's.

Sorry for whining. But can anyone else help?

Oh, one last thing - where do you find when your membership expires? I didn't realize i was up until i got an email the day before it was due to expire. Using paypal, that wouldn't be a problem - but when sending checks, it may take a little longer.

Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Membership Help

ChamberedRound is an admin. He can help.

I don't know if he will or not, as I hear he's kind of a buttmunch.

He's not logged on, or I'd IM him for you.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

It's not going to happen, nobody is going to help you. I tried the last two times. Dan responded to me, and followed-up with genuine concern, but they won't help.

Dan is pretty quick with updating and if it's been a couple days he will take care of it soon.

Download the PMs you don't use much as a text file to clear out your PM. There is a button for it. Of course, the text file is almost useless unless there is some detail you need to look up. I think there is also an XML download option but I have not used it.

What they need to do is configure the money machine to send out the alerts with more advanced notice.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    ChamberedRound is an admin. He can help.

I don't know if he will or not, as I hear he's kind of a buttmunch.

He's not logged on, or I'd IM him for you.
    Thanks - I think .

Do you know where the membership expiration dates are located in "my profile"?

Also, it may be a good idea for the membership expiration email to get sent a little earlier for those of us that pay via check --- just a suggestion.

Also, on some other boards when you log in you get a pop up that tells you that your membership is expiring soon (usually a month before expiration) - can something like that be done here too?

(Montgomery County)

Thank you also. I was posting my "money machine" thoughts as you were posting yours too. Great minds do think a like .

I just deleted a few to give me a little more space - hope none important were yours

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    It's not going to happen, nobody is going to help you. I tried the last two times. Dan responded to me, and followed-up with genuine concern, but they won't help.

Dan is pretty quick with updating and if it's been a couple days he will take care of it soon.

Download the PMs you don't use much as a text file to clear out your PM. There is a button for it. Of course, the text file is almost useless unless there is some detail you need to look up. I think there is also an XML download option but I have not used it.

What they need to do is configure the money machine to send out the alerts with more advanced notice.

(Philadelphia County)

Unfortunately I'm the only one who has access to the PO Box to check on this stuff.

Please accept my apologies for the delay, I simply have not had the necessary time to dedicate to PAFOA the last few weeks between Castle Doctrine and personal matters which are taking up most of my free time.

Unfortunately paying by check/mo can easily take up to two weeks to be processed which is why I strongly encourage people to use PayPal which is automated. I should probably add a note to that effect on the subscription page (I thought I already had.)

Side note: For people who have issues with PayPal I would suggest reading this post by the New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense "PayPal Not Anti-Gun" as I generally agree that their policies have less to do with a dislike for firearms and more a dislike for legal risk.
    Last edited by danp; November 17th, 2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    ...Please accept my apologies for the delay, I simply have not had the necessary time to dedicate to PAFOA the last few weeks between Castle Doctrine and personal matters which are taking up most of my free time.
    Good to know. Hope personal matters are working out OK.

Unfortunately paying by check/mo can easily take up to two weeks to be processed which is why I strongly encourage people to use PayPal which is automated. I should probably add a note to that effect on the subscription page (I thought I already had.)
    Wow, that's new. Please send out alerts much sooner.

Side note: For people who have issues with PayPal I would suggest reading this post by the New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense "PayPal Not Anti-Gun" as I generally agree that their policies have less to do with a dislike for firearms and more a dislike for legal risk.
    Is this a joke? You're not uninformed, so I can't attribute it to that.

You've made excuses over integrating Google into this forum. Membership has not increased as a result. The private forums require referrers to click on links. Membership has not increased.

Now, you're making excuses for Paypal.

Should we all rush out to patronize establishments that forbid carry if they only do it for liability reasons? Should we vote for politicians that vote for increased gun control if they are doing it for the greater good on other issues?

Have you checked whether or not the Brady Center has a forum plugin available?

I'm not a detractor of this forum. It's one of the best things I've found and it has helped me improve myself very much. I'm a supporter.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Good to know. Hope personal matters are working out OK.

Wow, that's new. Please send out alerts much sooner.

Is this a joke? You're not uninformed, so I can't attribute it to that.

You've made excuses over integrating Google into this forum. Membership has not increased as a result. The private forums require referrers to click on links. Membership has not increased.

Now, you're making excuses for Paypal.

Should we all rush out to patronize establishments that forbid carry if they only do it for liability reasons? Should we vote for politicians that vote for increased gun control if they are doing it for the greater good on other issues?

Have you checked whether or not the Brady Center has a forum plugin available?

I'm not a detractor of this forum. It's one of the best things I've found and it has helped me improve myself very much. I'm a supporter.
    I was unaware that both PayPal and Google are anti-gun businesses. As for Google, I do not use any of their services that require payment, however I do use PayPal but if they are anti-gun I will no longer use them. Is there evidence of them being anti-gun?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by acosenza2 View Post
    I was unaware that both PayPal and Google are anti-gun businesses. As for Google, I do not use any of their services that require payment, however I do use PayPal but if they are anti-gun I will no longer use them. Is there evidence of them being anti-gun?
    Interpret as you will.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Interpret as you will.

Unfortunately there's more to it than that. While they may not be rabidly and overtly antigun (and I'm not saying they aren't) they are a lot of other unpleasant things. I worked on Ebay for years, with a few different businesses. The only thing I learned was that Paypal sucks.

I'm not going to give you my multitude of reasons, but here is a good resource.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Ever see what happens when a company gets so large that it can pretty much do whatever it wants with total impunity?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast