Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Free for all in Michigan

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...huge-deer-herd

Restrictions are tighter in the northern half of the Lower Peninsula and in the Upper Peninsula, where the deer population is lower. But in the southern half of the state, there's no limit to the number of does hunters can shoot. Hunters can buy up to five tags a day to shoot antlerless does, up from two tags a day last year, with no cap. Hunters have a choice of licenses to shoot different numbers of deer.

I have never been deer hunting, but the odds would seem to be in my favor in Michigan.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Free for all in Michigan

There are a few southern states that you can legally harvest more deer than you can count too.

In PA you're limited to (1) antlered deer on your regular license, then you can apply for several antlerless tags - which usually you're lucky to get just (1) in a desired zone. However in PA we have many more people in the field versus the other states. Texas is probably the only state that exceeds the number of hunters afield during hunting seasons, and TX is several times larger than PA.

a friend of mine buys 20 doe tags per year, he fills about 15..
    FJB

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

In region B in MD ( everywhere except 3 western MD counties) you can take unlimited antlerless during bow season and 10 each during both muzzleloader and shotgun/modern rifle. No extra tags to buy, all included in the general lisc and/or bow and muzzleloader stamps ( 10.00 each if I recall). Doesn't mean you will actually get a buttload of deer though. I have my little herd assembling here once again, but they keep hanging out next door at the overgrown foreclosed property. And they are a flighty bunch this year.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    In PA you're limited to (1) antlered deer on your regular license, then you can apply for several antlerless tags - which usually you're lucky to get just (1) in a desired zone. .
    5C being the exception here. They put out over 100,000 tags/yr with no limit. I know people who get multiple antler-less tags to fill their freezer as well as donate to food banks etc. It is one thing I enjoy about being in this area. You're right about the hunting population vs. other states