Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: UP IN ARMS IN UPPER DARBY

Well this looks like an uphill battle @ least I am in Phila. Not Upper Darby, but neighbors are the same everywhere. I wanted to have a gunsmithing & gun engraving business, But yes make some money doing transfers with the FFL, seems like people are missing the point too. People will come & go true there will not be loaded firearms, I would not be selling ammo & this guy doesn't mention this either. it would be no more dangerous than one keeping firearms in their home. Less dangerous really I know the loaded gun in my house/shop will be mine. Currently @ least It is stilll legal to do that (have a loaded gun in one's house) to defend my family & my supposed right's in this country. At least it is today. If I wasn't disabled I would still be a Union carpenter making $29.00 an hour outside the home, wouldn't have even thought of having this kind of business. Wait till something like this happens to you then especially in this economy you will have to think outside the box. I have a couple business's going right now (Internet) & none of them are doing well at all right now.
    They want us all to go through all sorts of S@#$T so that we give up & not persue it.
    Thanx For All Your Input folks, Sincerely, LS Phila, Pa

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Yo gunshop, I am glad for your situation and your success in your business. There are many home operated gun shops in Pennsylvania as well. You have to lay the groundwork first before application. Getting neighbor support is the first requirement, without it you will not get to first base irregardless of the state, assuming that the particular state has any assemblence of zoning laws. Of course, you already realize that. This Upper Darby resident apparently did not.

Having a self centered and self serving media hound for a chief of police that doesn't support private gun ownership on any level doesn't help matters.
    Agreed. As "specialized" as the applicant's intent was, competition shooters, etc., I would think it would have gone much easier had he acquired neighbor support first. That said, I can't imagine getting all of my neighbors to agree on today's weather, let alone a gunsmithing application...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    <snip>

That said, I can't imagine getting all of my neighbors to agree on today's weather, let alone a gunsmithing application...
    True. Was far easier back in the day when the ATF went after A,T & F versus zoning enforcement that Klinton started them doing.

I had no issues working with the PA State Trasury to collect/remit sales taxes, no issues with the feds.
    I stayed under the Pittsburgh city radar and avoided selling handguns so I didn't have to submit a ton of paper (pre-NICS/PICS) to the locals.

That all changed with Klinton.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123