Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default The Ruger SR9c and XS Night Sights

I'll throw this up in a new thread just because it didn't seem to fit in any other threads. The SR9c is my carry weapon and I would like to put the XS 24/7 Night Sights on it. My primary concern is the front "big dot" being too big for my Kholster Crescent Moon. Is the XS front sight any larger than the factory sight? I really don't want to have to re-holster since I love the one I have. Any input is appreciated.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: The Ruger SR9c and XS Night Sights

XS makes a "big dot" and a "standard dot." My preference is for the standard dot, which is also standard equipment on the Smith and Wesson Night Guard series. I know of no issues with my holsters regarding my standard sized dot from XS.

The big dot only increases the size of the white outline, it is not a larger tritium vial. In my opinion, it is not a great set up and I prefer more traditional sighting systems.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    XS makes a "big dot" and a "standard dot." My preference is for the standard dot, which is also standard equipment on the Smith and Wesson Night Guard series. I know of no issues with my holsters regarding my standard sized dot from XS.

The big dot only increases the size of the white outline, it is not a larger tritium vial. In my opinion, it is not a great set up and I prefer more traditional sighting systems.
    It appears that you can only get the XS Big Dot for the SR9 series, I have seen no reference to the standard dot. That doesn't mean it won't fit but XS web site is terrible and ShopRuger.com only lists the Big Dot for the SR9's. I do see the Trijicon tritium front sight for the SR series, I don't remember them offering those in the past and it certainly isn't on Trijicon's website. If either one of those front sights isn't a larger profile then I guess I'll jump on it.

(Lehigh County)

while i cant say for sure the sight wont work with that holster yiu can check out this page for other ideas..

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=79926

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by WSM View Post
    I'll throw this up in a new thread just because it didn't seem to fit in any other threads. The SR9c is my carry weapon and I would like to put the XS 24/7 Night Sights on it. My primary concern is the front "big dot" being too big for my Kholster Crescent Moon. Is the XS front sight any larger than the factory sight? I really don't want to have to re-holster since I love the one I have. Any input is appreciated.
    $8.00 heat gun from Harbor freight. Kydex is easy to work.