Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new toy :)

(Cumberland County)

Default my new toy :)

I finally got my gsg-1911 tactical. Ordered from aimsurplus.com for $349.99 plus shipping ($12.12 in my case). It came with the surpressor also. This is the railed model and it is currently wearing my tlr-2. I LOVE IT so far.

I haven't been to the range yet, but I did fire off about 30 rounds in the back yard at some broken glass bottles. It is very accurate, but I did have a couple fte and it didn't always cycle the next round. I will chaulk this up to not having removed all the manufacture's "grease" (white creamy stuff) first. I know you should always really clean a new gun before firing it, but I had a momentary lapse of sanity and needed to fire it right away I just greased the rails and fired a couple shots anyway.
    Anyway, I will clean it up tonight and give a range report tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jachrist; November 11th, 2010 at 10:56 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: my new toy :)

I'm presuming that to be a fake suppressor.........???
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jachrist View Post
    I finally got my gsg-1911 tactical. Ordered from aimsurplus.com for $349.99 plus tax. It came with the surpressor also. This is the railed model and it is currently wearing my tlr-2. I LOVE IT so far.

I haven't been to the range yet, but I did fire off about 30 rounds in the back yard at some broken glass bottles. It is very accurate, but I did have a couple fte and it didn't always cycle the next round. I will chaulk this up to not having removed all the manufacture's "grease" (white creamy stuff) first. I know you should always really clean a new gun before firing it, but I had a momentary lapse of sanity and needed to fire it right away I just greased the rails and fired a couple shots anyway.
    Anyway, I will clean it up tonight and give a range report tomorrow.
    Heck of a buy and a nice looking gun ! I don't seem to have on aimsurplus - seems everything is always "dealers only" ! I'll have to keep checking it. Fake suppressor ? Great buy, I'm sure the fte's are just break in issues !

(Cumberland County)

I see their ad - fake can I'm always confused when they say "ffl dealer sales only" like on the gun you bought. I take it you bought it direct - so I am guessing they are trying to say they will ship to ffl dealers only, and not that they will only sell to them ? Just curious.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I see their ad - fake can I'm always confused when they say "ffl dealer sales only" like on the gun you bought. I take it you bought it direct - so I am guessing they are trying to say they will ship to ffl dealers only, and not that they will only sell to them ? Just curious.
    That is correct.
    They are probably closed now, but if you have your credit card handy when you call in the am...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

looks nice! nice price too!!

(Cumberland County)

yes... it is just a faux suppressor for now. The ATF is taking their good 'ol time processing my paperwork for a real one.

Aimsurplus.com is a great business from which to buy anything they offer (especially their guns). Their website says that they will only ship to FFL dealers, so anyone can buy any gun and have it shipped to an FFL of their choice. Their shipping rates are ACTUAL rates, unlike most dealers currently selling guns.

I would recommend that you do not buy firearms online though. It is much easier to complete the order if you simply call them. They are real people and will help you in any way that they can. Just have the item number handy (on screen when you call?) and the whole process will take less than 10 minutes. They even shipped mine out the same day.

And with an OTD price of only $362.11, they are undoubtedly the BEST deal on these new GSG-1911's available anywhere. My local dealer wanted $393.14 ($369+tax & PICS) for the standard model without any bells and whistles. It did not even have the wooden grips!!!!

(Lackawanna County)

These guns are being sold here in nepa for $305+tax but no suppresor and I'm not sure if it's the railed model. Will be picking one up very shortly!

(Bucks County)

looks really nice !!!

kinda wish i waited to get the "tactical" version

i paid 340 all said and done from my dealer.
    no faux can, threaded attachement nor rail .....but i still love it.

honestly the only thing i really miss the the rail.
    i have a laser that is just calling for a home ....

Wow that's nice!!! How well does the sliencer work? Has this been asked before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast