Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question M&P9c "white dot" missing from front sight.

So, this morning I loaded up my M&P9c and went to holster it like I do everyday. But, I noticed that my front sight was missing the "white dot". I've never seen that happen with any gun.

Anyone else ever have that happen?

I called Smith and Wesson and they told me it would be about 4 - 6 weeks to have it fixed/replaced and returned to me. So, I took it up to The Village Arm's in Gap to have my Trijicon Night Sights installed. Ends up being cheaper, I'd have better sights and I'd have my gun back sooner.

NOTE: I wish I took pics of it before I dropped it off.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: M&P9c "white dot" missing from front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by iMoses14 View Post
    So, this morning I loaded up my M&P9c and went to holster it like I do everyday. But, I noticed that my front sight was missing the "white dot". I've never seen that happen with any gun.

Anyone else ever have that happen?

I called Smith and Wesson and they told me it would be about 4 - 6 weeks to have it fixed/replaced and returned to me. So, I took it up to The Village Arm's in Gap to have my Trijicon Night Sights installed. Ends up being cheaper, I'd have better sights and I'd have my gun back sooner.

NOTE: I wish I took pics of it before I dropped it off.
    see if they can just send you out a replacement sight. you may decide you want to switch back to the original sights and/or if you sell the gun and the person who buys it from you prefers the original sights.

I'm pretty sure people have complained about it before..the dots are still on my M&P, but I've recently changed out both the front/rear with a fiber front and a burwell rear.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    see if they can just send you out a replacement sight. you may decide you want to switch back to the original sights and/or if you sell the gun and the person who buys it from you prefers the original sights.

I'm pretty sure people have complained about it before..the dots are still on my M&P, but I've recently changed out both the front/rear with a fiber front and a burwell rear.
    I ain't sellin' this gun. I love it too much. I had night nights on my old G26 and loved them. I've shot my buddies M&P9c with the same Trijicon Night Sights.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by iMoses14 View Post
    I ain't sellin' this gun. I love it too much. I had night nights on my old G26 and loved them. I've shot my buddies M&P9c with the same Trijicon Night Sights.
    fair enough.

I don't plan on selling my M&P anytime soon either.

(Cumberland County)

I have a ported XD and the front white dot is constantly being blasted black/off. I just clean it up and use a toothpick to put some white model paint in there.

Looks like you solved the problem though.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    I don't plan on selling my M&P anytime soon either.
    I thought of samething about my M&P's.
    But then something better came along, so 2 of 3 M&P's I had went to new owner...

As far as front sight dot being gone thing - there were thread about that some time ago... Appearently, S&W offered guy a replacement if I remenber right. But I would have used this oppertunity to upgrade as OP did if that was my gun
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Allegheny County)

This happened to my buddy's as well. I think he just got some paint and filled it in.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I thought of samething about my M&P's.
    But then something better came along, so 2 of 3 M&P's I had went to new owner...

As far as front sight dot being gone thing - there were thread about that some time ago... Appearently, S&W offered guy a replacement if I remenber right. But I would have used this oppertunity to upgrade as OP did if that was my gun
    I only own 1...something REALLY nice would have to come along for me to trade my M&P.

I'd like to shoot a G4 G17 to see how the adjustable back straps are.
    Last edited by andrewjs18; November 11th, 2010 at 11:58 PM.

(Monroe County)

If it were a Taurus, we would have gone 200 pages already of how bad Taurus Guns are, but its a Smith so no one questions that, seriously though a gun that sells for more than Glock shouldnt have the sights falling off of it, the only Gun that i own that that has ever happened to was my KelTec P11.

I own 6 Taurus ' and none of them have ever had the sights fall off of them.

Now with sights falling off and Rusting Slides i am becoming to believe the M&P is a poor quality Gun, should have just gotten a SIGma, no rusting slides and sights falling off of them .

Bus as long as we are going to cut manufacturers "some slack" for poor quality they will never inprove, thats what happened to the American car industry, we were willing to buy crap so they didnt have to build better cars -untill the arrival of the Japanese. But oh no Lets bash Taurus.

Remember in the 70's when people used to use baseball bats and bash Toyotas? Well today the Toyota Camry has been the best selling car in America for the past 10 years, but oh no lets bash Taurus.

(Lehigh County)

My full sized M&P 9 lost the white dot right after I bought it. Also had extraction problems. Both were fixed under warranty. I recently bought a 686 which is at S&W getting the cylinder release worked on. Their QC is disappointing to me. I doubt I'd be in a hurry to buy from them again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast