Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Buy Ammo on Nov. 19th

NEWS RELEASE
    CCRKBA SAYS BUY AMMO, SUPPORT THOSE WHO ENABLE EXERCISE OF SECOND AMENDMENT
    BELLEVUE, WA – Second Amendment supporters should buy ammunition November 19th to support freedom, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

Monday, November 19th is National Ammo Day, described as a BUYcott of ammunition. The goal of National Ammo Day is to empty the ammunition from the shelves of your local gun store, sporting goods, or hardware store and put that ammunition in the hands of law-abiding citizens.

According to the National Ammo Day website, each law-abiding supporter of the right to keep and bear arms is encouraged to buy 100 rounds of their favorite ammunition. Supporters are exhorted to “Make your support of the Second Amendment known--by voting with your dollars!”

“Gun stores, ranges, and ammunition manufacturers across the country are under constant attack by a barrage of federal, state, and local regulations, frivolous lawsuits, and protests,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “If every gun owner bought 100 rounds of ammunition, that would put an estimated 7.5 billion rounds of ammunition into the hands of law-abiding gun owners dedicated to defending our constitutionally-protected individual right to keep and bear arms.”

Mark A. Taff, CCRKBA Executive Director, went one step further and encouraged gun owners to not only buy 100 rounds of their favorite ammunition, but to fire those rounds on their local gun range. “I can’t think of a better way to spend a Monday evening than putting some rounds down-range to improve our marksmanship skills. Hitting what you aim at is crucial to responsible armed self-defense.”

Taff also stated that it was important to not only support your local firearms & ammunition dealers and ranges with money, but also with moral support. “The number of licensed gun dealers has plummeted, in part due to harassment by the BATFE, so it is important that firearms dealers know that gun owners appreciate the sacrifices they make and the abuse they endure to ensure that we have the practical ability to exercise our rights.”

Visit www.ammoday.com for more information about the 2007 National Ammo Day.

-END-
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(York County)

Default Re: Buy Ammo on Nov. 19th

OK so I do this at least 1 time a week, every week. And more then 100 rounds . Does that count.

Calvin

(Philadelphia County)

I swear the ammo companies come up with this crap just to sell more ammo.

This is kind of like "Boycot x-product day", blah blah blah, and it has no effect whatsoever.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Erie County)

I swear I hear there is a "National Amunnition" day like once a month.

(Susquehanna County)

I understand the price of Ammo is going up again in January. We can thank the war for that.

I'm not against the war

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: Buy Ammo on Nov. 19th

First we had Hallmark holidays, now we got Corbon or Federal or Speer or Winchester or Remington holidays (Sorry, I couldn't list all the ammo manufacturers).

When are we going to have a SIG holiday?

Or a Galco holiday?

How about a Bushmaster holiday? I'm expecting a good pic here Bill, don't let me down.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I'm expecting a good pic here Bill, don't let me down.
    I second that!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Delaware County)

(Cambria County)

Um... Er... Nice pics, SoberB! wOOt!

It seems that people are against this idea as it is possibly just a lousy marketing scheme. While this may be the case, I do not think that it is wise to allow cynicism, alone, to dictate your actions.

I try, as best I can, to allow actual experience to dictate my actions. Cynicism will help me to keep my guard up, and to keep my expectations in the right place... but, my actions are going to be based on real experience.

The idea sounds clever... an ammo 'Buy-cott'. It could have an effect. I will be in need of ammo over the next couple of months anyway... Would it hurt to buy as much of my next few months supply on 19 Nov as I can afford? Certainly not.

It is hard for a group of people to come together. There are so many good reasons not to trust someones intentions that I find it hard to trust anyone at all. However, I find no reason not to give this effort a shot. I have not heard any significant evidence that this effort would be a sham, thus I will buy all the ammo I can on 19 Nov in an effort to support our efforts.

One way or another, I will learn much more from participating in this experience than otherwise.

(York County)

Soberbyker you just made my night!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast