Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Buy Ammo on Nov. 19th

gotta love a good coupon billy!!!!!!!!!!
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Montgomery County)

cool pics soberbyker
    I don't know it's a good enough reason to go pick up ammunition, I mean it's not like it's getting cheaper by the day. By the way, I'm trying to get an FFL license and become a gun shop owner, it's what I've always wanted to do. so that number won't be plummeting too far.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    As far as I know oil is not used in powder are brass. But the troops are using 1 billion rounds a day. The M16 uses 223 rounds and that's brass that I'm sure is not policed up. it gunpowder that expended.

I'm not against the war as my grandson will be there in January and my cousins are there already. So I still believe the war is driving up the cost of ammo. By the way Winchester is cutting down on its brass at the neck of a bullet by about 1/16 of an inch. Not my stat but a gun shop owner.

In addition Iwas told that we're putting so many .50 cal rounds through the M2 that resupply ammo is coming from WWII era ammo stores. Bro says they run through the gun just as well now as they did when "Ma Duce" was perched atop a M4 Sherman tank in Sicily/Iwo Jima/Hoengsong.
    Thats a lot of bullets, are you sure that is correct. Also, didn't Talon have a contract to disassemble bullets to component status. I am sure I remember buying 30 and 50 cal tips that talon sold. I doubt the US military is using wwII era 50 cal ammo. I am also sure that stored under proper conditions it would work fine.

(Susquehanna County)

Got the information from the Arsenal

(Cambria County)

I am only watching this thread because I thought the idea of doing some activist stuff, such as buying ammo, may be an easy way to try to promote the right message.

I was planning to just sit back and watch this... but since no one else has said it...

At the rate of one billion rounds per day, each and every US soldier would have to shoot a minimum of 6000 rounds (approx) every day. Does anyone think that is even remotely realistic? I don't.

(Mifflin County)

So, did everyone remember to buy ammo today?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fultonCoShooter View Post
    AND you still havent explained to me why the war has effected the price of non military ammo

i would love to hear why the war has driven up the price of steel cased Ruski ammo
    Supply and demand. Much of our domestic ammo manufacturing capability has been diverted to military contracts, therefore lessening the availability of the needed materials and equipment to manufacture ammo for domestic use. Demand to supply ratio goes up, materials become more expensive.

The russian stuff is now more expensive here because demand for it has risen as many are starting to use it as a cheaper alternative to the brass cased stuff that used to be cheap and plentiful.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Montgomery County)

larrymeyer,

From Sept 1941 to Aug 1945, Lake City produced about 5.7 billion cartridges (about 3.9 million a day).

From 1965 to 1973 Lake City produced 14.4 billion cartridges (about 4.9 million a day).

I could not find current production numbers, and I am aware that ammunition other than Lake City is being used by US forces, However I cannot believe that 1 Billion cartridges are being expended by US forces every day.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    BUT it is a BUSHmaster ..... hehehe
    HEHE... good one sb...
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123