Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Indoor range in Philly?

Hello all. My name is Travis and i'm going to be going to Temple University in January. I love my 1911s and have to shoot em about 1-2 times a week. Are there any indoor ranges 1)within philly, 2)that i can use reloads in, 3) and that i can get to with public transportation? Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Indoor range in Philly?

SPAG

South Philadelphia Archery & Gun.

Havent been there in years, but I hear they keep it in top shape.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    SPAG

South Philadelphia Archery & Gun.
    http://philadelphiaarcheryandgunclub.com/

You can bring your own ammo but only if you join as a VIP member, ballpark $300/year. The regular membership is much cheaper but then you have to buy their ammo, and that adds up quickly.

I am aware of no pistol range directly on a subway line. In fact, the only ones I know existing within city limits nearby are both in South Philly: SPAG, and the Firing Line, and SPAG is maybe 6 blocks from the subway (Broad St line).

(Bucks County)

Here's another idea for the OP.

There's a range in the suburbs:

http://www.pistolpeople.com

...which has classes and lets you bring your own ammo. They're a few blocks from the SEPTA R7 line, "Cornwells Heights" station. You can get on the R7 line from the "North Philadelphia" station, which is a few blocks south of the Temple campus, where both the Temple campus and North Philadelphia Station are stops on the Broad St subway line.

Nice, thanks. Yea ive been nervous that i'd have to give up shooting if i went to Philly, im glad thats not the case.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    http://philadelphiaarcheryandgunclub.com/

You can bring your own ammo but only if you join as a VIP member, ballpark $300/year. The regular membership is much cheaper but then you have to buy their ammo, and that adds up quickly.

I am aware of no pistol range directly on a subway line. In fact, the only ones I know existing within city limits nearby are both in South Philly: SPAG, and the Firing Line, and SPAG is maybe 6 blocks from the subway (Broad St line).
    You can try SPAG at $15.00 a day and you use their ammo, or $25.00 a day and bring your own, if you like the place and do shoot 1 to 2 times a week the VIP membership is the way to go. They do have specials from time to time. They usually run a Holiday Special, $250 a year for the VIP.

Ask dgg9 about the timed rotating targets, he's pretty damn good with them.

Take the Broad Street Line south to "Ellsworth-Federal" SPAG is between 8th & 9th on Ellsworth.

There's a bus (rt. 64) that runs on Washington Ave., one block north of Ellsworth.

^^thanks for the info! I'll check for those deals!

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Here's another idea for the OP.

There's a range in the suburbs:

http://www.pistolpeople.com

...which has classes and lets you bring your own ammo. They're a few blocks from the SEPTA R7 line, "Cornwells Heights" station. You can get on the R7 line from the "North Philadelphia" station, which is a few blocks south of the Temple campus, where both the Temple campus and North Philadelphia Station are stops on the Broad St subway line.
    This is where I go, Steve is a great guy, it's a short train ride, and the biggest thing for me was that a membership is $125 for the first year, and you can always bring your own ammo.

(Philadelphia County)

Hey,

Hit me up if you want. I can take you shooting at spag so you can just pay the 5$ guest fee. There are a ton of younger college aged and slightly older people who shoot in philly. Hit me up and maybe you can make it out there when some of us that I know go shooting.

Take the 124 bus out to the walmart next to king of prussia and buy cheap ammo from there if you ever want.

If you are interested in shooting IDPA then come shoot with us in yeadon, pa at double action. http://www.doubleaction.org/content/...d=51&Itemid=53

It costs 25$ to run the course twice and you will use around 120rounds at most. Next match is on the 22nd and you can take septa there.

If you want someone can scrounge up a spare 9mm pistol/mags/gear and you can buy our ammo at cost if you don't have enough .45 ammo on hand. The match is once a month and is not ultra competitive at all and very, new competition shooter friendly. It costs as much as a range trip does to SPAG and is way, way more fun.

You can buy the regular SPAG membership during the discount days for 80$ instead of 160$ if you don't need the VIP membership.

thank you. that all sounds great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast