Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Snyder County)

Thumbs up A skinny guy review of the Galco Concealable Holster

We all come in different body shapes and I have come to find out that there is no one holster that fits all. Since I have a couple holsters I hope my reviews will save someone a little money.
    I'm 5' 10", 150lbs and wear a 30x32 size in Levi's. Being the skinny guy that I am, it is not easy to find a holster that has fitted all my needs and yet be comfortable. My second holster that I have purchased for my Glock 19 is a Galco Concealable Holster, average retail around $80. The reason I picked this model was because I wanted something really concealable if I chosen so plus I wanted a brown color (Havana) to match my one belt.

In the first three photos below you can see how tightly the Galco forms to the body. The one nice thing about this holster is the cant. Wearing the holster around the 3 o'clock position, I do not have to move the holster to get my wallet out or to get my hand in my front pocket. If I feel I need to slide the holster when my belt is attached, I can but there is some resistance. Because of the resistance, I can have the belt a notch looser and not worry about the holster sliding in case I need to do a mad sprint.

With most of Galco line of products, Their workmanship and beauty of leather used is top notch. The dollar amount that their products sell for reflect there quality and in my opinion are worth the extra money if they are comfortable and provide the level of protection you want for your firearm. With the Galco Concealable, the leather used and the retention qualities are excellent. When I first received the Galco Concealable, I didn't have to "work" the leather much to get the Glock completely in and I felt it was more user ready right out of the box. As for retention, it's nice and snug. I don't have to force the pistol in or have massive strength to pull in back out. I do have to warn users that the speed level of draw is reduced when using a leather holster like this. If you have never used a leather holster, I recommend practicing after receiving one.

Final thoughts... For my Glock, the Galco Concealable holster is a winner for me. Whether I OC or CC, it is very comfortable and with it being so close to my body, I can always feel that my friend is sleeping comfortably in the Galco. The havana color is beautiful and rich looking and goes every well with jeans or dresser style slacks and if the brown is not your color, they do have it in black.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: A skinny guy review of the Galco Concealable Holster

Now where's the review of the laserlyte rear sight laser? I've been eyeballing those for my m&p compact since it's my main carry gun.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    Now where's the review of the laserlyte rear sight laser? I've been eyeballing those for my m&p compact since it's my main carry gun.
    I'll have a review of the Laserlyte posted tomorrow. I just sold mine if that tells you anything...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delerius View Post
    I'll have a review of the Laserlyte posted tomorrow. I just sold mine if that tells you anything...
    Good review.

Laserlyte a little clunky?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lehigh County)

Delerious, are you saying that your size makes IWB not right for you?

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Good review.

Laserlyte a little clunky?
    The Laserlyte review is here: http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/11...red-laser.html

It's a nice size, not to clunky. The two "barrels" on it does give a little different perception when looking through the rear sight because of the length of the barrels. I was able to adjust quickly to it since I went from the factory sights to the Laserlyte.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    Delerious, are you saying that your size makes IWB not right for you?
    I have never tried a IWB type holster so maybe some one else can chime in. I would think for myself to use one, I would need to use a handgun that is thinner with a single stack magazine. The reason I have never used one is because I like to slide the holster on the belt one way or another to make it more comfortable when I'm sitting in the car or if I need to get my wallet out.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delerius View Post
    I have never tried a IWB type holster so maybe some one else can chime in. I would think for myself to use one, I would need to use a handgun that is thinner with a single stack magazine. The reason I have never used one is because I like to slide the holster on the belt one way or another to make it more comfortable when I'm sitting in the car or if I need to get my wallet out.
    From one skinny guy to another (I'm 5'8" 145 lbs) here's my thoughts. First, I concur with your review, I have same holster for my M&P 9C and like the way the back panel is curved, it does help keep it close.

For IWB, I strongly recommend Comp-Tac MTAC. I have 2, one each for the M&P 9C and one for Kahr PM9. After wearing each for a while they'll curve and form quite nicely to the body. With a good belt and holster, my M&P 9C is very manageable IWB. Also, I have 32" waist jeans for IWB. That way I can still breath and go out to dinner...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    From one skinny guy to another (I'm 5'8" 145 lbs) here's my thoughts. First, I concur with your review, I have same holster for my M&P 9C and like the way the back panel is curved, it does help keep it close.

For IWB, I strongly recommend Comp-Tac MTAC. I have 2, one each for the M&P 9C and one for Kahr PM9. After wearing each for a while they'll curve and form quite nicely to the body. With a good belt and holster, my M&P 9C is very manageable IWB. Also, I have 32" waist jeans for IWB. That way I can still breath and go out to dinner...
    Thanks, men. I'm your size. Got my K9 but still need a holster.

(Allegheny County)

Great review, thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast