Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Winchester PDX-1 .410

Anybody have any experience with the Win. PDX-1 .410 rounds? In any firearms, long or short.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

Default Re: Winchester PDX-1 .410

Well I have not used it in 410 but I will tell you the 12 GA stuff is pretty sick. The recoil is manageable, but it puts some pretty bigs holes in stuff.
    www.DeltaArmsCo.com For all your Saiga 12 shotgun needs.

(York County)

My brother-in-law has told me that there's a problem with coyotes in parts of Adams County. A relative of his has dropped 5 of them with this Winchester ammo in the .410 caliber, no problem!!

I have a Mossy HD .410 for in the house and as soon as I can find some of it locally, it's getting loaded with it, ASAP!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I'm planning on picking up a Mossberg 50455 model (Yes the pistol grip will be replaced with a standard buttstock).

I can't use a 12 or 20 anymore due to past injuries (ATV related),and while I like the larger gauged thumpers,in my younger days I use to stalk through the Eastern Kentucky squirrel woods with either Winchester 12 or 20 gauge 1300 (Had both,only the 20 remains).

But for home defense a .410 stoked with the new winchester fodder should be the right medicine for any home invader headaches one should encounter.

I already own a wood stocked 500E and the barrel from the 50455 model should interchange without a hitch (the 24-incher is going on the synthetic stocked version for hunting,no sense putting a fine woodstock through the briar patches and low hanging tree branches).

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of down range thump the 18.5 inch barrel adds to the defense disc and copper washed bb loading (More so for the D.D.'s than the shot pellets).

I don't own a judge,I won't champion it's use and I won't curse it as useless,but with a loading like the PDX1 ,and at G.O.M.G. ranges it should be more than capable of saving the end users hide if things were to get eyeball to eyeball in a hurry.
    Last edited by Pfletch83; February 5th, 2011 at 06:25 AM.

(York County)

Don't bother with that model if you're just going to switch stocks.

Check out the Mossy HS410, (Home Security), model#50359.

I bought one for the wife when I was working 2nd shift and it impressed me so much, I keep it on hand for anything in the house. Picked it up new for $300 at a show last year.

Check out this link and scroll down to the best HD .410 shotgun.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/homedefense.html
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

(Northampton County)

I've had a M500 HS410 for a number of years - it works well - I've patterned it at 25 feet - buck shot approx. 3" spread, slugs center POI - 3" group for 5 shots. Plenty good for home defense - don't count on birdshot, not enough penetration. The built on muzzle break (Cutts type) keeps the muzzle flat - not that there is much flip in any case.
    Action is smooth and I like the forward pistol grip.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Westmoreland County)

Smile Re: Winchester PDX-1 .410

My Judge is loaded with three PDX1 loads followed by two 45 long Hornadys to be delivered in that order. I feel comfortable with that combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    Don't bother with that model if you're just going to switch stocks.

Check out the Mossy HS410, (Home Security), model#50359.

I bought one for the wife when I was working 2nd shift and it impressed me so much, I keep it on hand for anything in the house. Picked it up new for $300 at a show last year.

Check out this link and scroll down to the best HD .410 shotgun.

http://www.endtimesreport.com/homedefense.html
    I've looked at the home security model,and while I don't doubt it's usefulness,I like a plain muzzled version better,and feel that the pattern will be tighter for maximum effect in a home invasion or other personal defense encounters.

I already have a wood stocked version of the 500E with a 24 inch full choke barrel I'm going to swap that one for the 18.5 inch tube.The wood stocked version is going to be the HD gun because it won't get scratched up as much around the house.

The synthetic stocked version is going to be the small game/pest getter.

Plus I just put in a request for one at the local gun shop...shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Thanks all the same though.
    Last edited by Pfletch83; February 5th, 2011 at 11:00 PM.