Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Valley Forge Gun Show

Quote Originally Posted by sig2009 View Post
    I think you mean Harrisburg. They will probably charge $10 to park this year in the middle of nowhere. I know places I can park in NYC for under $10. I remember when Valley forge used to be on 2 floors. Still a great show!
    You still keep regurgitating this and you trash all the other shows. Which table did you or your buddy have at this show?

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by kimber 22 View Post
    streaker69 - are you sure you aren't thinking of the Oaks show? I've never really seen most of what you're talking about at VF. Frankly, I may have simply ignored any martial arts stuff since I'm not into those "tools" anyway, so I'll give you those items. Most of the food concessions appear to be convention center run, and you really need something there, no matter how awful it may be, because the vendors usually want to avoid starving themselves. If you lump the air-soft vendors under toys, then okay, I've seen "toys," but they are gun related and I'm glad to see them there.

As for "The Gauntlet" as I like to call the first few tables of home repairs and non-profit solicitors, I'll endure that because I doubt those tables would be very productive for a dealer. How many of us ever, EVER, go back through the initial stretch? I'm sure the promoter can be convinced to get rid of them, but we'll pay higher fees, or the dealers will, and thus we pay higher prices.

On the other hand, at Oaks there have been plenty of fireworks making resources and other miscellania - but I just walk on by. If I'm not interested, I don't buy.

As for silencers, suppressor, mufflers, I'm not sure what the promoter's initial intent was, but if they stop allowing lawful Class III vendors to include legal silencers among their wares, I'll be very upset.

So, I guess my point is be careful what you ask for. Eliminating the vendors you would rather not see isn't going to free up the aisles without driving up everybody else's costs. We are always free to ignore whomever we want, and if enough of us ignore, it makes no financial sense for the vendor to return.

Happy New Year!
    Nope, I'm thinking about VF, the last VF show was worse than the one before for things that they claim aren't allowed. I saw a lot of that stuff at the Oaks show too, but I didn't ever look up to see if Oaks allows them or not.

My point to it is, the operators of the show make it a point of putting out a big list of things they don't allow and then apparently don't bother to check and see if anyone is following it or not. In my eyes, that gives a bad image to anyone that isn't very fond of gun shows, it appears as though that they're not even policing their own and following their own policies.

If they allow these things then take them off the website as prohibited items, if they don't allow them then they should be policing themselves. It isn't like its hard to find. But of course, if they start cracking down on people for these things then they won't come back, so it would seem it all comes down to money rather than policy.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

The entrance, I don't know if they charge more for a table since they all seem to have almost a booth.

But there aren't more than 10 of them or so, if you have a show with 700 tables, and eliminate the ones at the entrance altogether, what would that really do in terms of costs/profits?

When I see the line outside 5 people wide and 500 feet long, each of those people shelling out 10 bucks, the show could do without the bathroom remodling table.

And if no toys are allowed, I hope this means airsoft, too. Mom says I can have real guns, so no need for those things. And some of the optics and most of the knives sold there can be considered toys.

Smile Re: Valley Forge Gun Show

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    Which is why I won't waste my time or $ going to this show. I learned the hard way by going again this year. What a waste.

Ya right! About as much a waste as the Armory show with 100 tables. Did your mother have any children that lived? You should really learn to read. Where did I ever post that I had a buddy with a table selling at VF. Seems to me your life is a waste!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by sig2009; January 2nd, 2011 at 01:35 PM.

(Bucks County)

Ya right! About as much a waste as the Armory show with 100 tables. Did your mother have any children that lived? You should really learn to read. Where did I ever post that I had a buddy with a table selling at VF. Seems to me your life is a waste!!!!!!!!!!
    Son, since you joined PAFOA you have 23 posts, and every post is about how great VF show is and how all the others are crap.

Maybe unless you have something beneficial, you should go join NJFOA. You are a waste and wasting our time by your meaningless posts.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    Son, since you joined PAFOA you have 23 posts, and every post is about how great VF show is and how all the others are crap.

Maybe unless you have something beneficial, you should go join NJFOA. You are a waste and wasting our time by your meaningless posts.
    You seem to have your busy body nose up everyones ass and know what everyone is posting. Why don't you mind your own business and shut your redneck mouth or better yet go beat your wife or get layed. You seem to have some serious issues with being right all the time and everyone else is wrong. My 4 year old has better manners than you.

(Lancaster County)

You seem to have your busy body nose up everyones ass and know what everyone is posting. Why don't you mind your own business and shut your redneck mouth or better yet go beat your wife or get layed. You seem to have some serious issues with being right all the time and everyone else is wrong. My 4 year old has better manners than you.
    Actually, after he posted that, I looked too, and he is absolutely correct. You have posted nothing but negative things about another gun show and nothing but positive stuff about Valley Forge.

As for manners, I hope your 4 yr old has better manners than you do. Your attack was completely uncalled for, and I hope someone reports you for being so abusive for no reason.

I'm quite sure you'll come back with some internet tough guy talk in response to this as well, oooh, I just can't wait.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

What a great show! Got to pick up some things I have needed like fuse. Also picked up a pipe and some video games. I even picked up a nice walking cane for my grandfather. Nice selection of non gun items.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516