Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default CC Permit from one county, renew in another?

My CC permit is from Luzerne county, I moved to Philadelphia a few years ago and my permit is about to expire. Do I just apply for a new permit in Philly or can I renew it in Philly with less hassle?

(Fayette County)

Default Re: CC Permit from one county, renew in another?

You will have to renew your License to carry Firearms in Philly. You have to apply in the county where you live. I'm pretty sure they treat renewals the same as they would a first time application, or at least that's what I've been told. I'll have to do the same as you in the near future. Good luck and I've learned long ago that the search button can be your friend as others on this site tend to dislike seeing the same threads posted over and over again. I believe I started a similar thread when I first joined prior to consulting the search genie.
    Last edited by mkstan15; November 9th, 2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Thanks for the advice. I'll apply now as my ccw doesn't expire until Feb 2011 but everything in this town takes forever.

Also, I consulting the search genie but I don't think I asked him the right questions.

(Jefferson County)

Applying for a new LTCF and renewing is the same process. The only difference is what box gets checked. You do it in the county you reside in presently, which with Philly is the Chief of Police.

Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'll apply now as my ccw doesn't expire until Feb 2011 but everything in this town takes forever.

Also, I consulting the search genie but I don't think I asked him the right questions.
    Remember that Philadelphia is not allowed to "take forever" in issuing an LTCF. It is a crime for the sheriff to take more than 45 days to complete the required investigation.

Be sure to file a criminal complaint on the 46th day if they do not complete it in time.