Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: FEG GKK 92C

(Cumberland County)

Default FEG GKK 92C

Anyone familiar with this Browning Hi Power clone ? I have heard mostly good about them, and am having a hard time passing one up when I can pick it up new under $ 300. Has anyone shot one, seen one in person, or know any more about them?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: FEG GKK 92C

I bought two, when KBI (Kassnar Brothers Imports) in Harisburg were importing them. One in 9mm, on 40S&W. I was well pleased with both of them, seems most parts are directly interchangeable with original Browning parts. Magazxines ae directly interchangeable.

I traded the 40 off to a PADOA-er who seemed well pleased, his wife claimed it.

Through my own stupoidity, I damaged the recoil-spring guide rod of the 9, and am waiting for a replacement (Browning) to arrive.

I like them, and find them to be quite good guns, well made and servicable, and as you mentioned, inexpensive. (That's always a plus)

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Elk County)

FEG makes a few different models which are similar in appearance, but quite different internally. For example, the model designation for the exact clone of the BHP is "PJK-9HP." I own two PJK-9HPs and they have been reliable and accurate. One did not extract and eject properly when I bought it used, and upon disassembly the extractor spring was found to be broken. A new BHP spring and some deburring on the extractor itself fixed it. Not bad for the $150 paid for the gun.

The model pictured in the OP is NOT a clone of the BHP; the internals are similar to those of the S&W modern autoloaders. Again, they are generally reliable. Some individual examples may need a tweak here or there, but they are good handguns for the money.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; November 9th, 2010 at 09:24 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

Made in Hungary. Really, what else do you need to know?

I have a few different guns made by FEG and like them in all. They made a great AK and good pistol clones.

(Cumberland County)

Well, won mine yesterday for $ 285 new - should have it next week. I see what you mean about not a true Hi Power clone - looks like a cross between a hi-power and a S&W 39 like you said. Hopefully for $ 289 it's a good shooter though ! Will post after I take her to the range

(Cumberland County)

Got the FEG to the range today and very happy. Zero issues, all shots fired smoothly and pretty good results for me first time at 25' !
    Ok, a question that I'm sure the answer is just "it is what it is" but, why is it then when I buy a clone or inexpensive gun like this FEG, or my ATI 92c or RIA 45 I have excellent results right out of the box and are very happy. When I drop the extra cash on a Beretta or Smith and Wesson, or Springfiled, it always takes several trips to the range to dial it in and I'm always frustrated for the first few trips ?
    Again, I'm sure it's just the type of gun, etc, etc, but I'm starting to believe these countires like Hungry, Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, etc, etc. are just getting better and better and understand the value of an accurate weapon out of the box more than we do!
    Ok, end of editorial But if anyone is looking at a FEG, I would highly recommend - only negative is the obvious of being a bit heavier being all metal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

What NOAH said.

Also note that FEG is actually a very large Hungarian conglomerate, they are actually the National Gas company in Hungary, They also make Gas line equipment and also some of the Heavy Duty Long haul Trucks you see hauling Bauxite and copper all over Africa.

Nyman

(Northampton County)

I have one of the PJK9HP's, got it years ago. The first time I fired it, the trigger had a VERY heavy pull weight. I tried polishing the magazines where the mag disconnect bears, and that helped some, but the gun was transformed when I took out the magazine disconnect entirely. BTW, an FN High Power needed the same treatment before it was worth taking to the range.

Default Magazine disconnect

Hello Ya'll,
    Could someone give me some guidance on how to remove the disconnect and an opinion on whether doing this would improve the trigger if I did? I have a Kassnar PJK-9HP that has an excessive amount of travel before the sear release. I want to get rid of the travel and improve the trigger. Thanks, Tony

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Magazine disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by thouk View Post
    Hello Ya'll,
    Could someone give me some guidance on how to remove the disconnect and an opinion on whether doing this would improve the trigger if I did? I have a Kassnar PJK-9HP that has an excessive amount of travel before the sear release. I want to get rid of the travel and improve the trigger. Thanks, Tony
    GOOGLE can be your friend, here. Try "HI-Power magazine disconector removal" or something like that. ISTR that there were more than a few videos and "how-to's" on the interwebz.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates