Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Firearms Transfer

Can anyone recommend a place or individual that could do a firearms transfer in Berks county? Any Help would be appreciated.
    An Unarmed Man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Firearms Transfer

Stoney Creek Outfitters, Mt. Penn, the owner is a member here.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomedic View Post
    Can anyone recommend a place or individual that could do a firearms transfer in Berks county? Any Help would be appreciated.
    If Stony Creek is too far away, you can search GunBroker with a zip code to find one that is closer to you.

http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx

Stony Creek is zip code 19606 for starters. You'll get great service at Stony Creek.

(Lancaster County)

Dealer Name: Handgunner Custom Gunshop Inc
    Phone Number: (610) 682-6714
    Street Address: 17 W Weis St
    City: TOPTON
    State: PA
    Zip: 19562

$20.00 which is a great price compared to other places. Also friendly. I've had a few experiences where I felt I was annoying the person doing the transfer because I didn't buy the gun from him. No such vibe at this place.
    Johnnie F.

(York County)

Appreciate the help people, I am trying to transfer to a non immediate family member who lives in Reading. I am sure one of those places will be able to help out.

(York County)

Thumbs down Re: Firearms Transfer

Stony Creek Blew me off but Gun Traders saved the day. I would NOT recommend them for a transfer in the future. As I posted elsewhere on this forum, Good Luck to them as it is hard to pay the rent when you dont like to do any business.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomedic View Post
    Stony Creek Blew me off but Gun Traders saved the day. I would NOT recommend them for a transfer in the future. ...
    Would not recommend who, SCO? And what did Bill & Co. charge you for the transfer?
    Johnnie F.

(Berks County)

I've been to Gun Traders a few times, purchasing ammunition and a Beretta Neos for my wife (which needed to be ordered). The experiences were pretty good but I'm kind of torn about doing more business there. Part of that feeling comes from the $50 transfer fee that I've seen posted here. In addition, I was looking around in the store last week and saw a sign posted that due to the increase in denied PICS checks, there would be a $50 fee for denial. While I've never been denied, I always wind up waiting for an operator due to a common last name. To the stores credit, the staff seems very knowledgable and doesn't mind spending a few minutes while you fondle a gun from the case. If you don't anticipate any PICS issues, and you are buying the gun from Gun Traders, this is a good place to shop.

I have also been to The Handgunner a couple of times. (Purchased an M&P one visit and a holster the next visit). Both times I left the store happy with the level of service I received. In fact, when I purchased my M&P, the guy helping me invited me to the local range to try USPSA shooting (Told him that the purchase was for range use). He even offered to lend me any equipment that I needed. I was floored by the offer, unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the next shoot.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by wwhite72082 View Post
    ... I was looking around in the store last week and saw a sign posted that due to the increase in denied PICS checks, there would be a $50 fee for denial. While I've never been denied, I always wind up waiting for an operator due to a common last name. ...
    I'm going to guess and say that their reasoning runs along the lines of you would know ahead of time if you were going to pass the little PICS test or not and they don't want you going in there wasting their time on your fishing expedition to see if you can maybe get away with a buy.

I dunno... The PICS Shuffle does tie everyone up for a bit. I can see Bill wanting to discourage anyone who has some doubt about their eligibility. On the other hand, the last two times I went to The Handgunner to pick up my Bud's purchases, the first time I had to come back the next day because PICS was Out Of Order and the second time it took us over an hour of being on hold before we got the check done. Ooooff. Everyone was ready for that one to be over.

So it's not always the buyer's fault that something doesn't go through. It's just an aspect of the system. An all too common one, actually. My experience has been about 50/50 that there will be something screwed up with PICS. Screwed up on their end, not mine.
    Johnnie F.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wwhite72082 View Post
    I've been to Gun Traders a few times, purchasing ammunition and a Beretta Neos for my wife (which needed to be ordered). The experiences were pretty good but I'm kind of torn about doing more business there. Part of that feeling comes from the $50 transfer fee that I've seen posted here. In addition, I was looking around in the store last week and saw a sign posted that due to the increase in denied PICS checks, there would be a $50 fee for denial. While I've never been denied, I always wind up waiting for an operator due to a common last name. To the stores credit, the staff seems very knowledgable and doesn't mind spending a few minutes while you fondle a gun from the case. If you don't anticipate any PICS issues, and you are buying the gun from Gun Traders, this is a good place to shop.

I have also been to The Handgunner a couple of times. (Purchased an M&P one visit and a holster the next visit). Both times I left the store happy with the level of service I received. In fact, when I purchased my M&P, the guy helping me invited me to the local range to try USPSA shooting (Told him that the purchase was for range use). He even offered to lend me any equipment that I needed. I was floored by the offer, unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the next shoot.
    That must have been Dean. He works there part time and is the USPSA match director at Topton. Top notch guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast