Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: NRA Liason for PA, Hohenwarter: Q&A Session

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    You guys have to understand that the NRA's goal is NOT strict interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. The NRA is just another gun control organization that depends on massive donations to pay their executives' fat salaries. The NRA is just fine with "compromise" legislation that strips away more rights if they can claim victory and generate more revenue.
    This is what I feel is true also. The NRA is a bitter/sweet bed partner that we have been laying with for so long that we tend to forget the "bitter" part of them.
    But hey, we do "need" them on the federal issues I am certain (because there we don't have as much hands-on affect).

At this point I am still willing to give them a chance to redeem, BUT it is getting increasingly harder to send my dues.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Bucks County)

Look, I'm not going to submit a bunch of insulting comments to the guy, nor can I submit a page and a half of questions. I will do my best to get the issues people are bringing up in the comments in the questions I will submit. I will try to get some of these things addressed, including what happened with the Castle Doctrine bill, and how we're going to move forward from here.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Look, I'm not going to submit a bunch of insulting comments to the guy, nor can I submit a page and a half of questions. I will do my best to get the issues people are bringing up in the comments in the questions I will submit. I will try to get some of these things addressed, including what happened with the Castle Doctrine bill, and how we're going to move forward from here.
    Okay, here is a direct question, and I will even go post it on your blog. Why did the NRA not support FOAC and local gun owners in their work to get Castle Doctrine passed?

(Allegheny County)

Excellent question - I am anxiously awaiting an answer to the HB40 question.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Okay, here is a direct question, and I will even go post it on your blog. Why did the NRA not support FOAC and local gun owners in their work to get Castle Doctrine passed?
    And when did they stop beating their wife?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysquire View Post
    And when did they stop beating their wife?
    Not quite Johnny. I was there for some of it, and talking directly with others who were for the rest of it.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    That is the question I want answered.

This is what is great about PAFOA forum. I started a thread to get answers about the NRA Liaison. Not only got answers but others contacted the NRA-ILA and the Liaison called them. He must be feeling some heat.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    That is the question I want answered.

This is what is great about PAFOA forum. I started a thread to get answers about the NRA Liaison. Not only got answers but others contacted the NRA-ILA and the Liaison called them. He must be feeling some heat.
    I'm sure he's feeling heat, but the only way we're going to make him or anyone else at the NRA care is to make them think they might lost lots of money over issues like this.

I'm still a member, and I don't have intentions of canceling my membership yet, as like I said earlier, I still believe NRA is a HUGE benefit at the federal level. However, at the state level, they need to help us or move out of the way.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    I'm sure he's feeling heat, but the only way we're going to make him or anyone else at the NRA care is to make them think they might lost lots of money over issues like this.

I'm still a member, and I don't have intentions of canceling my membership yet, as like I said earlier, I still believe NRA is a HUGE benefit at the federal level. However, at the state level, they need to help us or move out of the way.
    My wife and I are both members and just renewed due to their Federal influence. The State level is like you said.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Chester County)

Default Re: How do we get rid of the current NRA-ILA state liaison?

Quote Originally Posted by nightglider View Post
    Why should you compromise for things you should already have?
    If the choice is between getting nothing or getting some of what you want through compromise (without giving away the ability to get more of what you want later) then compromise seems better, regardless of whether you "should already have" it or not. Am I missing something?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast