Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: NRA Liason for PA, Hohenwarter: Q&A Session

opps... sorry about that. I misunderstood.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: How do we get rid of the current NRA-ILA state liaison?

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    I only needed one more reason to quit the NRA. This was it! Money better spent elsewhere!
    Why don't you stick around and give the man a chance to answer for himself!

If CR's remembrance is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, there seems to be some missing items/explainations that the NRA owes to him/us.

I am not happen that they interveened and disturbed the process, but let's let him answer for his part in this legislation..
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Unhappy Re: How do we get rid of the current NRA-ILA state liaison?

All, I sent a fairly nasty email to NRA-ILA a few minutes after reading through this thread. That would be sometime between 2 and 3:15 today. In the email I mentioned that I was tired of the NRA negotiating my rights away and for not supporting me in my recent request for assistance with the rights violations here by the arminster PD in regards to OC. In general, I feel they do not have my best interests, as a gun owner, at heart and are only padding their own nests.

I got a call from Hohenwarter and he spent about 45 minutes trying to explain his 'side' of what occurred. I admit to having more than my share of ADD, but I felt he was insistent in overwhelming me with information in an effort to sway me over to his side of the argument.

I explained that the goings-on in Harrisburg are not my only beef with NRA and that I feel they couldn't care less about individual memberswhen they seek assistance. I explained that I have recieved FAR more help right here from the members of PAFOA in my troubles over OC in Warminster. I also related that I had sent packets containing ALL the pertinent info to NRA, District Attorney Bucks County, ACLU, and my township supervisors. I told him I was surprised that out of all those contacted, NRA were the ONLY ones that did NOT get back to me.

He advised me to resend the packet of info and he would get right on it. We shall see. I will give him the opportunity to perform, and will check ut his answers on the Q&A thread. However, he is starting out with a couple of strikes in my book. And the NRA is in the same boat with him.

EDit to add: He alsohad some disparaging things to say about a certain few "individuals from Western PA being involved in Harrisburg for a few days and considering themselves lobbyists". This really got me angry and he lost considerable ground with me just for uttering such garbage. I, nd I am sure I am not alone in this, respect the guys round here who have given of their time and money to travel there on our behalf. In case nobody told you guys: We do appreciate the efforts!
    Last edited by AxiTech; November 8th, 2010 at 05:17 PM.

(Franklin County)

Seems like the frequent shenanigans against individuals in Philadelphia, including some of our own here, would provide an opportunity to act too.

IMO, there are significant incidents occurring around the state that at least a few of them would provide the requisite media attention and high chance of success that seems to be the motivator (more so than actually "helping gun owners").
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

EDit to add: He alsohad some disparaging things to say about a certain few "individuals from Western PA being involved in Harrisburg for a few days and considering themselves lobbyists". This really got me angry and he lost considerable ground with me just for uttering such garbage. I, nd I am sure I am not alone in this, respect the guys round here who have given of their time and money to travel there on our behalf. In case nobody told you guys: We do appreciate the efforts!
    WOW, just wow. This guy came off as a snake oil salesman from the minute I saw him, and, assuming he did indeed say this, he continues to validate my first impressions. I can't wait to see how he answers Sebastian's Q&A.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Franklin County)

This whole "we'll pre-screen the questions and submit the ones we think are important" smacks of politics political gaming at it's best (or worst).

I'd like to see this guy in a town-hall style forum where he had to answer to our faces, and not dismiss issue that are important to us, PA gun owners, as 'not relevant enough to answer'.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

All, I sent a fairly nasty email to NRA-ILA a few minutes after reading through this thread. That would be sometime between 2 and 3:15 today. In the email I mentioned that I was tired of the NRA negotiating my rights away and for not supporting me in my recent request for assistance with the rights violations here by the arminster PD in regards to OC. In general, I feel they do not have my best interests, as a gun owner, at heart and are only padding their own nests.

I got a call from Hohenwarter and he spent about 45 minutes trying to explain his 'side' of what occurred. I admit to having more than my share of ADD, but I felt he was insistent in overwhelming me with information in an effort to sway me over to his side of the argument.

I explained that the goings-on in Harrisburg are not my only beef with NRA and that I feel they couldn't care less about individual memberswhen they seek assistance. I explained that I have recieved FAR more help right here from the members of PAFOA in my troubles over OC in Warminster. I also related that I had sent packets containing ALL the pertinent info to NRA, District Attorney Bucks County, ACLU, and my township supervisors. I told him I was surprised that out of all those contacted, NRA were the ONLY ones that did NOT get back to me.

He advised me to resend the packet of info and he would get right on it. We shall see. I will give him the opportunity to perform, and will check ut his answers on the Q&A thread. However, he is starting out with a couple of strikes in my book. And the NRA is in the same boat with him.

Although you have to admit he spent 45 minutes on the phone trying to explain, even if you agree to disagree!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    This whole "we'll pre-screen the questions and submit the ones we think are important" smacks of politics political gaming at it's best (or worst).

I'd like to see this guy in a town-hall style forum where he had to answer to our faces, and not dismiss issue that are important to us, PA gun owners, as 'not relevant enough to answer'.
    I think Sebastian is the one doing the "filtering", and my understanding is that it's more a consolidation of redundant questions and the like. In that sense, we can ask whatever we like; whether he answers is a whole other issue.
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

-John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

Don't over analyse it. He is an employee of the NRA and must answer correctly and factually! Questions can be phrased in a way that no matter what he answers he would be wrong. I get that he wants to answer with review!

Sebastian will not give this guy a pass, believe me!!

(Berks County)

Default Re: NRA Liason for PA, Hohenwarter: Q&A Session

FYI, I merged the "Q&A session" and "get rid of NRA liason" thread, as we're basically discussing the same topics in each thread.
    -Charlton Heston

-John Quincy Adams

-Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast