Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Bianchi Carrylok 82 Leather Holster With Active Retention Review Glock 27

I recently saw a very well done holster review and thought I'd do a few myself. I'll start with the Bianchi Carrylok I just picked up a few days ago. I've been wearing it for a few days to break the leather in and had it at the range for a pretty strenuous shooting session. I'm using a Glock 27, but the holster is made to accept a number of guns. See here;http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...?TxtModelID=82

A few observations. I like retention. Usually in the form of a thumb break. The reason for this is not because I'm worried about having my gun grabbed. I just like to know that it's not going anywhere. The Carrylok system is a small lever that is activated by your middle finger when you place your hand on the gun in a natural drawing motion. Your trigger finger actually rides in a groove in the leather.

This is the groove for your trigger finger.

After depressing the lever and beginning the draw your trigger finger rides out of the groove and ends up right where it's supposed to be.

The Carrylok unit itself is a plastic block inside the leather. It consists of a small claw that grabs the trigger guard. Depressing the lever releases the claw. I tried to get a picture of the inside of the holster to show you how it works...

(having some focal point issues there...)

Overall I'm very happy with this holster. It rides nice and high, and very tight. It is very fast to draw out of once you've gotten the hang out it. Once you hit the lever it's coming out like greased lightning.

My only problem with the holster is that it is a bit thicker than I thought it would be. It really isn't a big deal. It's just that the Carrylok assembly makes it thick. It's not huge, by any means, and it conceals very, very well, especially with something small like a 27.

Ever tried to take a picture of yourself wearing a holster? It's effing difficult!
    Last edited by rwb1500; November 9th, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Bianchi Carrylok 82 Leather Holster With Active Retention Review Glock 27

nice review. thank you for your effort. i have pondered this holster also for a 27
    THINK ABOUT IT TWICE, Cause you're slow with your hands

(Berks County)

Default Re: Bianchi Carrylok 82 Leather Holster With Active Retention Review Glock 27

I have one as well.....one of my very favorite holsters for sure. I found that the carrylock for the Beretta 92 fits my CZ RAMI as well......talk about bonus!

The belt makes a huge difference as well with this particular holster.

(Allegheny County)

I just had my CarryLok model 82 delivered to the house today for my FNX9. Glad to see a good review here of the holster.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    I just had my CarryLok model 82 delivered to the house today for my FNX9. Glad to see a good review here of the holster.
    I have the paddlelok for my sig. I hate it. I find it, for me personally, to be very unergonomic.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    I have the paddlelok for my sig. I hate it. I find it, for me personally, to be very unergonomic.
    Because of the paddle configuration or do you mean the draw stroke?
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Monroe County)

Because of the paddle configuration or do you mean the draw stroke?
    I don't like the release and draw of it. For me personally it simply doesn't work. The thumbdrive holster in my opinion is the best one I've tried thus far. I just wish they made it for more than Glock 19, 23, 17, etc.....

(Berks County)

Didn't know that they made one for the FNX.....!!!!
    Which model/size of the carrylok did you get??
    I just bought a FNX 40 over the weekend & I'd be stoked to get a Bianchi for it!

(Berks County)

Nice review. My only suggestion is to shrink the photo size a bit so there is no need to scroll. Rep sent for all your recent holster contributions.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    Nice review. My only suggestion is to shrink the photo size a bit so there is no need to scroll. Rep sent for all your recent holster contributions.
    If you right click it you can select "view image". I know it's still extra work, but it's not as annoying as scrolling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast