Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default bersa thunder 380 plus holster?

ok so my wife has a bersa thunder 380 plus... the double stack version... now because of the double stack and the wider grip will they fit your average thunder 380 holster?

And should i just look for a ppk holster since they are more popular therefore should be easier to find?

My wife thanks you guys!!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: bersa thunder 380 plus holster?

To determine what holster would be adequate, you must first post pictures of said wife holding said gun.

ETA: If you oil the outside of the gun very well and wrap it in saran wrap, then wet the leather and insert the oiled and wrapped gun into the wet leather and leave it there to dry, it will fit and form.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; November 7th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.

(Lehigh County)

i think i can convince her to do a modeling show with it sometime... the problem is she only has a nylon pancake holster and would like to go to a kydex one... she loves serpas but they dont make serpas for that type of pistol that ive been able to find as of yet..

if i can convince her to to get a leather one i was planning on having her do that...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    i think i can convince her to do a modeling show with it sometime... the problem is she only has a nylon pancake holster and would like to go to a kydex one... she loves serpas but they dont make serpas for that type of pistol that ive been able to find as of yet..

if i can convince her to to get a leather one i was planning on having her do that...
    Somehow when I was typing about the leather I had a feeling you were going to say nylon! Unless it is hard formed nylon it should still fit though. I know double stack is thicker, but it shouldn't be too thick for that. Interesting.

On a side note...kydex is fairly easy to work with: http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/threads/...-Forming-Kydex

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Somehow when I was typing about the leather I had a feeling you were going to say nylon! Unless it is hard formed nylon it should still fit though. I know double stack is thicker, but it shouldn't be too thick for that. Interesting.

On a side note...kydex is fairly easy to work with: http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/threads/...-Forming-Kydex
    hahahaha if you can convince her to let me buy all the stuff neccessary to make the kydex holsters ill buy ya a case of whatever you drink!! we already talked about that

i found a couple fobus ones but i think she is going to have to go with leather... its mainly going to be concealed with a tshirt over it but sometimes she will oc with it so i want some kind of second kind of retention....

personally im a fan of the bianchi black widow since it has a thumb strap... yet has a minimal ammount of "holster" i guess is the way i would put it.... but the only ones i can find are in a tanned leather and she will want black
    Last edited by Bigrepp61; November 7th, 2010 at 07:06 PM.

(Monroe County)

hahahaha if you can convince her to let me buy all the stuff neccessary to make the kydex holsters ill buy ya a case of whatever you drink!! we already talked about that

i found a couple fobus ones but i think she is going to have to go with leather... its mainly going to be concealed with a tshirt over it but sometimes she will oc with it so i want some kind of second kind of retention....

personally im a fan of the bianchi black widow since it has a thumb strap... yet has a minimal ammount of "holster" i guess is the way i would put it.... but the only ones i can find are in a tanned leather and she will want black
    Tell her that you could make her anything she wants once you have the supplies. It only hurts to buy the initial set up, after that you're set.

Black leather dye is only about $6.00 a bottle.

(Lehigh County)

Tell her that you could make her anything she wants once you have the supplies. It only hurts to buy the initial set up, after that you're set.

Black leather dye is only about $6.00 a bottle.
    didnt think i could dye it after it was finished by them... i have alot of leather working matierials and was starting to make a leather one for my sr9... but id love to start with the kydex... would make things alot eaiser....

(Monroe County)

didnt think i could dye it after it was finished by them... i have alot of leather working matierials and was starting to make a leather one for my sr9... but id love to start with the kydex... would make things alot eaiser....
    Bianchi uses neatsfoot oil to darken their leather. You can get a leather deglazer to remove any kind of wax or sealer they have applied (if any) and dye it and re seal it.

(Lehigh County)

Bianchi uses neatsfoot oil to darken their leather. You can get a leather deglazer to remove any kind of wax or sealer they have applied (if any) and dye it and re seal it.
    and thats why i like this place... learn new stuf every day... however first things first... i gotta get my taurus 85 finished and put back together... then ill worry about other projects... i do however plan on gettin pics up of her with her gun... i know her gun was posted up on here a while ack tho...

(Montgomery County)

If you're not aware of it, check out this site:

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/forum.php

Tons of useful info and Bersa freaks (I used to hang out there a year or so ago).

Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. -- Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast