Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Range Report - Glock 22 GEN4

B"H

So, I took a new toy to the range this afternoon in sweet valley. Made sure I got the Shooting Range permit for $30 before I left. Stopped at WalMart and picked up 100 rounds Winchester FMJ, 50 Federal FMJ, 50 Winchester Hollow points. Also had 50 "Independence" FMJ from before.
    So I start with filling the mag with 6 rounds of "Independence". Bang Bang, .....round # 5...the gun J-A-M-M-E-D. I was like this cannot be happening!! Its a G-L-O-C-K!!!. A nice old man next to me said maybe I didnt oil the weapon. I told him I did and he shrugged. Second mag in with the same kind of ammo....Bang Bang.....round # (3/4)? the gun J-A-M-M-E-D AGAIN!!! The spent shell did not eject like the first time. It was stuck like a piece of meat between my teeth from dinner last night. It just was stuck trying to get out and in the mean time some how the bullet in the mag was slightly pushed forward. So, I go pull the slide and flip the shell out and keep shooting and within a few rounds guess what?? yes..u guessed right!!! the gun J-A-M-M-E-D again 3 times in 12 rounds. I was like no way this is happening to me.c'mon I am too cool for this to be happening to me. This is supposed to be a brand new gen 4 glock which can shoot in water, air, make me pizza,fetch the paper etc. Anyway, i didn't loose hope and changed the ammo. Winchester to begin with. shot after shot it was like going 95 on the highway. No jam, no jelly. Then it was the federal box's turn which had the same smooth action, no jams again, while I shot off $65 worth off ammo as if I found the money in the parking lot or something. Any way, to make a long story short the independence ammo was the culprit according to my opinion. I do my research and find out it is the same company which makes blazer ammo. so blazer ammo bye bye. I guess you have to stick to quality ammo for a quality gun. Thats the lesson of the story. Good night. BTW do u guys know of any ranges that are open during night time??? (Joking) although I would appreciate it if u let me know what those nickel coated bullets are and why are they so expensive ( $22 for 20 )?? Do they fetch the paper and make pizza too for being so expensive??? Thank you.
    You got a permit to ask stupid Questions?"

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Range Report - Glock 22 GEN4

I dont own any glocks, just not a fan of them. My father does and some friends, now the are older ones but they have nothing but trouble with them. Father sent his in to have extractor deburred and ramp polished. That seemed to help quite a bit.

But I here ya, no fun when a new toy acts up.

When I got my first Kimber I wasnt very good with it. Brother in law tried it, 6 rounds, 6 plates down. Now this was a long time ago and like to think I am a little better shot now.

B"H

Thank you for replying. I just heard Osama Bin Laden is dead. I was so scared people are gonna start talking about him only and not give my post any attention.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by voola View Post
    B"H

Thank you for replying. I just heard Osama Bin Laden is dead. I was so scared people are gonna start talking about him only and not give my post any attention.
    It will be news when the pull the troops out.

(Schuylkill County)

Isnt Blazer CCI and isnt CCI Federal?

B"H

I am pretty sure they are 2 different companies.

http://www.federalpremium.com/default.aspx

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/default.aspx

(Schuylkill County)

I'm Pretty sure ATK owns both of them but they have 2 different plants. If you go to contact us on both sites the shipping address is different but the email is the same.

(Monroe County)

Interesting. I have a Gen 4 G22 and with 500 rounds put through I've had no issues. I've been shooting WWB, Federal, and Federal JHP's.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Bucks County)

I think that I will stick to the Gen 3. I keep hearing so many complaints about the Gen 4. I have an XDm 40 and it has been flawless in what I have fired through it. Everyone says that it has been the spring that has been giving them the trouble with the Gen 4s.
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
    I think that I will stick to the Gen 3. I keep hearing so many complaints about the Gen 4. I have an XDm 40 and it has been flawless in what I have fired through it. Everyone says that it has been the spring that has been giving them the trouble with the Gen 4s.
    The 9mm's originally came with the 40s&w springs in 4th gen. This was because the 4th gen glocks were marketed for law enforcement, who train with their carry ammunition. Therefore shooting high pressured 9mm +p/+ rounds caused no cycling issues. However, once the civilian market got their hands on these guns, and started using really light loads, like 115 grain, there was alot of problems. IIRC.

The 40s&w gen 4 glocks have had no issues that I'm aware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast