Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Barrel question

(Allegheny County)

Default Barrel question

I have a mossberg 500 with a tac-stock on it and slug barrel for home protection. I was wondering if they sell 18" or 18 1/2" barrels made to shoot buckshot? That way, I won't mess up the rifling in my slug barrel if I decided to use buck shot in the gun.
    Last edited by CrazyWhiteGuy; December 14th, 2007 at 04:54 PM.

(Perry County)

Default Re: Barrel question

Check out the M500 TACTICAL/LE BARREL from Havlin Sales & Service.

Mossberg® 500 LE/Tactical surplus overrun, 18.5” heavy wall, one modified accu-choke, blue finish. This is a great specialty barrel you won’t find anywhere else. New, never on a shotgun, factory barrel may have slight blem in finish.
    Item: 500185ACCU $69.99
    Ask them to change out the modified choke to an improved cylinder bore choke (which they did for me free of charge) and you can shoot shot and rifled slugs through it.

Havlin Sales & Service.
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Penguini66 View Post
    Check out the M500 TACTICAL/LE BARREL from Havlin Sales & Service.

Ask them to change out the modified choke to an improved cylinder bore choke (which they did for me free of charge) and you can shoot shot and rifled slugs through it.

Havlin Sales & Service.
    AWESOME! Thanks a lot.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    AWESOME! Thanks a lot.
    Just note that that's not the only option out there. And I am far from a shotgun expert.

You can get a plain cylinder bore 18-1/2" barrel for about the same price: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...383&t=11082005
    And I'm sure there are many other places out there selling barrels for the popular 500.

I went with the one from Havlin for two reasons: 1) I liked the ability to be able to change out chokes. The standard cylinder bore barrel, to the best of my knowledge, does not have threading for chokes. 2) I liked the idea of a slightly heavier thicker walled barrel for a. to add some mass to the relatively lightweight gun and b. it should make a better club if I ever have to battle zombies at close range and am out of shells.

Also, I should mention that when they say "may have slight blem in finish", they mean it. Mine is nowhere near perfect. But certainly good enough to house some buckshot under the bed.
    Last edited by Penguini66; December 14th, 2007 at 03:15 PM.
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Penguini66 View Post
    Just note that that's not the only option out there. And I am far from a shotgun expert.

You can get a plain cylinder bore 18-1/2" barrel for about the same price: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...383&t=11082005
    And I'm sure there are many other places out there selling barrels for the popular 500.

I went with the one from Havlin for two reasons: 1) I liked the ability to be able to change out chokes. The standard cylinder bore barrel, to the best of my knowledge, does not have threading for chokes. 2) I liked the idea of a slightly heavier thicker walled barrel for a. to add some mass to the relatively lightweight gun and b. it should make a better club if I ever have to battle zombies at close range and am out of shells.

Also, I should mention that when they say "may have slight blem in finish", they mean it. Mine is nowhere near perfect. But certainly good enough to house some buckshot under the bed.

Jeez, how could I forget about them zombies???

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    and I got to thinking, "if someone breaks into my home, I don't want to put them down with a slug, I would rather them feel the pain with a couple rounds of 00 buck or something along that line!"
    CWG, just as friendly advice, I would not go around the internet making posts and statements like that.

Your post could be used as evidence against you in a self-defense trial. They could use it to paint you as a "Crazy White Guy" who wants to inflict pain and death on unsuspecting invaders and whatnot...

If somebody breaks into your house, you want to put them down so they'll stop the action thats threatening your life, you don't want to torture them, or make them feel any pain or anything like that.

Just be careful of how you word your statements, lest they come back and bite you in the ass at the most inopportune time.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    CWG, just as friendly advice, I would not go around the internet making posts and statements like that.

He must be gun crazy!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Fulton County)

LOL /..