Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Handgun Registry in PA

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    I have a quick question. I understand that a registry is illegal, I understand the PSP is pretty much keeping one. My question is, why is it so bad?
    it is bad because it facilitates gun confiscation. if the anti's ever manage to get handguns banned in PA, the police will know right where to go to take yours away.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Total Costs to date -- $126,000,000
    For an unconstitutional requirement.

(Monroe County)

That makes Sense, I figured gun confiscating was part of it I was just wondering if there was any more to it than that. Thanks for answering my question! I learn something new every day on this forum

Matt.

(Berks County)

Legislatively, it is VERY possible to have handguns or any other guns banned, however, logistically, it will be a complete nightmare. Lets say PA has a population of oh....10,000,000 and about, ehhh....100,000 IF THAT law enforcement offcers and military personnel. Lets also say, about ohhh 6,000,000 own firearms, and an estimated, 3,000,000 have the evil ooga booga black rifles. Lets do the math here. 100,000 to 6,000,000. Thats 60 times more people then cops and or military personnel. And lets say, 10% of those 100,000 say screw this. You are now minus 10,000 people. Now these are hypothetical numbers but, do the math with a final 90,000 against 6,000,000 pissed off Pennsylvanians with guns. And some hidden things are if any of these residents are retired patrol cops, SWAT cops, detectives, Sergeants, Corporals (people who know the infrastructure and tactics) and some former Military members coming from Regiment, SF Groups, Light Infantry Units, etc (again, people who know the infrastructure and have the tactics) Small numbers, but people to take into consideration

Not very good odds for the 90,000. Just something to think about.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Konsukah_19 View Post
    Legislatively, it is VERY possible to have handguns or any other guns banned, however, logistically, it will be a complete nightmare. Lets say PA has a population of oh....10,000,000 and about, ehhh....100,000 IF THAT law enforcement offcers and military personnel. Lets also say, about ohhh 6,000,000 own firearms, and an estimated, 3,000,000 have the evil ooga booga black rifles. Lets do the math here. 100,000 to 6,000,000. Thats 60 times more people then cops and or military personnel. And lets say, 10% of those 100,000 say screw this. You are now minus 10,000 people. Now these are hypothetical numbers but, do the math with a final 90,000 against 6,000,000 pissed off Pennsylvanians with guns. And some hidden things are if any of these residents are retired patrol cops, SWAT cops, detectives, Sergeants, Corporals (people who know the infrastructure and tactics) and some former Military members coming from Regiment, SF Groups, Light Infantry Units, etc (again, people who know the infrastructure and have the tactics) Small numbers, but people to take into consideration

Not very good odds for the 90,000. Just something to think about.
    For a good case to look at to see how feasible it really is, take a look at California, 1999 - 2000. They required registration of certain guns, (assault weapons such as SKS), not for purposes such as confiscation, then they used that registry to confiscate the registered "Evil" guns.

Some complied with the order, some did not.
    Here are some references to look at, any search engine will yurn up many more results.
    Whether it's legal or not, unconstitutional or not, or logistically possible or not, do we really need the hassle? It is something that is useless as a crime fighting tool and will only cause grief to law abiding citizens.
    http://www.nrawinningteam.com/confis...calockyer.html
    http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...saksrifles.htm

(Berks County)

A personal story that bears on this issue:
    I legally bought a pistol in PA, took it along when I moved to California, where I sold it privately. I later returned to PA, and called the State Police (Allentown area)
    to see if the pistol was still in my name. I was put on hold for maybe 1 minute, then was told that the PA State Police did have a record of the sale of the pistol in California, even giving me the buyer's name and city of residence.
    This was in 1977.
    I understand the "record of sale" data base in PA goes back to the late 1930's, and I have been told by several area gun dealers that they register ALL CARTRIDGE HANDGUNS, even those legally considered antiques "just to be on the safe side".
    Cabella's in Hamburg recently registerred a S&W revolver I bought that was made in 1889 and gave me that reason.

This "program" is way out of control, and only affects those of us who buy guns legally in the first place..

mark
    Another armed Liberal veteran.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Weights View Post
    Decisions by the court like this, who choose to ignore the constitution, is why I am not crossing my fingers in a favorable ruling should the Supreme Court hear the DC handgun ban appeal. The overturn was definitely the right decision, and I do hope the court hears the appeal so we can maybe have a chance of challenging other unconstitutional gun laws in the case of a favorable ruling. But, I will not be surprised if the Supreme Court were to reinstate DC's handgun ban.
    Pennsylvania is only second to Louisiana in the being crooked department. Why do people keep acting surprised all the time. The whole state is crooked, not just Philadelphia.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123