Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (York County)

Default Re: Tactical Scope Needed (Am I missing any?)

"operators" also have an unlimited budget that you are paying with your taxes.....you don't.

(Union County)

what? none of you have heard of/seen March scopes? there are a couple threads and reviews over on SH.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    what? none of you have heard of/seen March scopes? there are a couple threads and reviews over on SH.
    Yep, I've heard of March scopes. Even on the hide, some of the things are interesting because in lots of them they appear pretty hit or miss. Sounds like the guys that shoot them love them and are crazy about them, and then the others would rather stick to some other brands. From the comments I've seen, lots of the guys that are more of the BR crowd, or that at least do some of it, are the ones that like the March scopes.

(Centre County)

I know it's not what the OP asked for, but in view of his updated requirements, perhaps this

(http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=950843)

would fit the bill? I know it is way out if his price range (in the"other" direction), but would it not serve his "experimental" purposes?

Not trying to be a smart alek, just thinking out of the box.

Disclaimer: Have not used one of these myself, and have been told that the glass is extremely clear, but again, no personal experience.

Thanks.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    Yep, I've heard of March scopes. Even on the hide, some of the things are interesting because in lots of them they appear pretty hit or miss. Sounds like the guys that shoot them love them and are crazy about them, and then the others would rather stick to some other brands. From the comments I've seen, lots of the guys that are more of the BR crowd, or that at least do some of it, are the ones that like the March scopes.
    Just to add to Tomcat's post. BR ≠ Tactical

Not saying the scope is junk, but just because a BR shooter likes it and it performs well for them does NOT mean it will perform well in a tactical setting.

I'd be more impressed if more of the serious tactical shooters used them, but so far I have yet to see one show up. So until they are able to make a name for themselves, I'd pass for something tried and true.

(Montgomery County)

I've used the M3 (basically the MK 4) in ALMOST every enviroment I can think of and for the ranges I needed it at...it was always there for me. It is durable, holds it's zero even when abused (abused...not savaged). I'd just go with that. Roll with the fixed 10X and a TMR reticle and you be good. That 16 barrel is really gonna hurt you at the longer ranges, and if you consider that 1000m with boxed ammo is still VERY respectable for that bullet/scope combo, the carbine length barrel is going to cut that range down for you.

SO...if it works well at 1000 it'll work well for you. Anything bigger than that and your objective lense is gonna start getting bigger, I dunno if you care about that. S&B is out of your price range for thier tactical scopes....and not really that big of a deal, if all you are looking for is something that will work and work well, which the Leupold will do for you. Now...I'll admit they aren't my favorite. I bought a nightforce variable pwr and I think the glass is MUCH more clear and doesn't have that odd polychromatic haze aroud the outer right when you are looking through it at certain angles to the light. It will however do everything you want it to do while you save up to get a serious bolt gun. You'll even have some money left over to buy some Black Hills ammo...or even better....save up for a reloading kit.

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    Counter Sniper make some great glass!! And they have a military contract. Says so right on the scope!

Reminds me of a guy I work with. He's not too bright. One day he drove up to our company's shop, told one of the mechanics that his radiator was low, and asked the mechanic what to put in it.

Without blinking an eye my buddy takes a drag of his cigarette and replies, "You need a jug of spring water". Now, I should tell you that it was around 20f that day.

The kid sat there with a gullible look on his face, "Spring water?".

My buddy replies, "Yeah, you ever see a spring freeze up in the winter?". The kid thought about it for a second and replied, "No.....".

I let it go on for another 10 - 20 seconds, but I just had to set him straight as he turned to leave. One part of me just wanted to laugh though.

"X is what percentage of Y?" Divide the first number by the second, multiply the answer by 100. Add a percent sign. Think.

Just a correction, the NightForce F1 comes with their Ti ultralite rings included.

"X is what percentage of Y?" Divide the first number by the second, multiply the answer by 100. Add a percent sign. Think.

(Allegheny County)

Buy a used Nightforce for ~$1200 and be done with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123