Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: s/w 442

(Montgomery County)

Default s/w 442

anyone else carry a 442 all day everyday like me? packed with critical defense
    All That Is Necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing

Rockledge, Abington Township, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: s/w 442

I don't carry it, but I have a S&W 642 .38 in the house.

I don't think I could reload that fast. I would rather have more shots available to me.

(Lehigh County)

I won't say when I do or don't carry but the S/W 442 is one of my favorite every day carries and I keep it fed with Critical Defense as well as 2 quick loads with some more.
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -Andrew Wilkow

I carry mine everyday all day but I load it with Speer GDHP 135 +P short barrel. It's hard to find a gun as easy to conceal in my opinion, and with the GDHP +P load there's plenty of punch. I also carry an extra speed loader in my strong side front pocket; I love my revolver.

(Lehigh County)

I too carry one had laser grips but shot placement was difficult and gripping was hard so sold back the grips now just stock really like it
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I carry mine everyday all day but I load it with Speer GDHP 135 +P short barrel. It's hard to find a gun as easy to conceal in my opinion, and with the GDHP +P load there's plenty of punch. I also carry an extra speed loader in my strong side front pocket; I love my revolver.
    Which holster do you carry your revolver? I was thinking about getting either a 642 or Taurus 85 and maybe going with a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Quote Originally Posted by aferr1973 View Post
    Which holster do you carry your revolver? I was thinking about getting either a 642 or Taurus 85 and maybe going with a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.
    I use a Don Hume IWB clip, I am also going to recommend you stay away from the Taurus, but if you compare the 2 side by side you'll see the major differences in the them. I am thinking of selling my 442 so if you are interested I can make you a deal on everything I have. PM me and we can go from there, if you're close we can go to my range and you can fire it. I have about 100 rounds through it.

(Montgomery County)

I have a 642 that I carry very often in my two gun line up of EDC's. I also use the critical defense +P incarnation with backups of the same and 158 gr LSWCHP +P's.

The 1 7/8 inch double action revolver is quite a tricky devil to master. For those that do, she will be a lifelong friend and ally. To those only passingly familiar, problematic.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!