I was minding my own business last night when I got an irate phone call from my father. He was flamed that his Senator, Jane Earll, voted against the Castle bill. He was so busy with the local Republican party during elections that he had not been following the Castle Bill fun in the House and Senate.

I've been living in North Carolina since March, but with Greg Rotz's Twitter updates, Kim Stolfer's email updates, and Sebastian's blog coverage, I've been following along.

My parents have been involved in taking over the Erie County Republicans because as he said
I told your mother that I was sick to death of all the @#$%^& R.I.N.O.
My mother is now the secretary to the County Chair, dad's a Committeeman, and they have been working to straighten out the finances. God help them all. They've pissed my father off enough that he's stopped yelling at the TV and got involved. They've even pissed off my mother. As children we lived in fear that we would piss them both off at the same time.

When he found out about the Castle vote he decided that Earll, unless she had a REAL good excuse, needs to go. He's talking about refusing to help with fundraising and manpower. He's talking primary challenge. He's talking a promise to sit out and not vote in that race in 2012 when she comes up for re-election. I have put my father in touch with Kim Stolfer who has confirmed that Earll is in need of retirement.

So here's your chance, Erie County PAFOA people. If you want to send a message to the lone Republican Senator to vote against the Castle Bill, the Erie County Republican party would love to have your help. Your warm bodies packing a few meetings could really make a difference. Besides, after she is shown the door (via primary or retirement) SOMEONE needs to run for her seat. Who knows, it could be YOU!