Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Do you Live in a Dream World?....

Saw this video overon another forum and wanted to share it. It was posted on Glocktalk and I thought you all might want to critique it as well. It was posted by the Violence Policy Center so there is a great deal of bias.

Link to Video Part One of Two.

Link to Video Part Two of Two.

I am rather upset at the obvious flaws in their little experiment. The bias is obvious and I feel that it is unfair to suggest that this will always be the case. Nevertheless it is an interesting video and I am shocked it was on television.

It is also interesting to note that Bethlehem PA Police Department took part in this little experiment. I am not from PA and have only been there once but I am not sure what kind of area it is? Mostly pro-gun or anti-gun? I post here because I really am thinking of PSU next year for graduate school.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Do you Live in a Dream World?....

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Blair County)

Just watched the 1st video:

Guy #1 is def a tool. You might want to try lifting your shirt up before you draw your weapon. Just some advice for him.

The girl would have hit the guy in the femoral artery...pretty sure that would have severely impaired the attacker. Didn't look like she was hit either. In real life I'd say this scenario was a win.

Guy #2 Just sits down and gives up. He had plenty of time to get out his weapon and return fire. Maybe he was a little too chunky for an IWB holster.

Another thing to consider is that you have a 'trained attacker' going after a specific target. In a real situation in that setting the attacker isn't likely to be focusing on just 'assassinating' you.

The biggest problem I saw was that these people failed to take cover while they were drawing their weapons and firing.

And they said about NO HITS ON THE HEAD???? REALLY??? IS THAT THE KIND OF TRAINING THEY DO??? CENTER OF MASS!!! DUH!!!

Especially for inexperienced shooters!!!!!
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

(Delaware County)

I think it was a good gauge on reality. A bunch of people with no shooting and especially no carry training or experience are the true spokes people. So what if their shirts were 10 sizes to big, don't we all dress with parachutes over us? And the fact that the gunman is a heavily trained and experienced LEO doesn't give him any sort of advantage at all.

I don't know what the big fuss is....
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32148&dateline=128288  0834