Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
Wanted to bump this thread because I just read WhiteFeather's post and it is AWESOME-full of interesting information. It also created a question for me:

Under:
18 Pa.C.S. § 6111: Sale or transfer of firearms

Does Section (1) mean that PA used to be a 48 hour wait before purchasing a firearm? When PICS was created (2), section (1) no longer applied? Am I reading that right? So PA, used to have a 48 hour wait on purchase?

It's also VERY interesting that a LTCF holder should be able to bypass a PICS check? Is that correct?
When I buy a firearm, does an FFL run PICS and NICS on me or just PICS?

Thanks
Missed this post as I was working on May 10, 2011 rally prep

2011 2nd Amendment Liberty in PA is Second to None rally & lobbying event
http://forum.pafoa.org/political-138...ing-event.html

Got a detailed post on your question posted in similar related thread, till I can locate it, Basically here how it works.

For the several years after Feds passed Brady bill and before PCIS went on line officially in the fall of 1998 the PSP would let FFL dealer give LTCF permit holders that exemption in the law you quoted. They don’t now as it’s a way they use the ROS to track and make (collect) money from you for the PSP to maintain PICS and the illegal database (so called "legal" by pretzel logic decision by PA supreme court that it is not complete as every single firearm is not in there.)

tl_3237 Accurately quotes the interpretation used by the PSP legal department to ignore the statue despite the contradiction in the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
Is anyone aware of any legislative work being done to specifically amend 18Pa. C.S. § 6111.4 to include the necessary wording to eliminate "any record of any kind, including, but not limited to, a sales records database" ???

Obviously, trusting such matters to be clearly ruled UnConstitutional by our Supremely Compromised Court did not turn out too well.....

Great expectations from 2000....

Short answer YES, WE are pursuing several direct and indirect avenues to deal with this with several Reps.

This effort Included working with leadership in both parties with elimination of about 2.5 million from the 2012 state budget as a cost saving measures to the taxpayers that was passed at the end of June 2011 to keep the database.

Not at Liberty to discuss other details WE are attempting behind the scenes till the curtain officially comes up on these effort(s)
Then we may need ALL of your help to move them forward.

If you do some research for those discerning readers, there are several thread with clues to some of these efforts IF you can read between the lines posted on PAFOA with "ACTIVIST" efforts to deal with this.